[comp.sys.apple2] Hypercard for the IIgs?

shatara@islnds.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) (10/09/90)

Has anyone heard anything regarding a Hypercard for the IIgs?  There was a
fair amount of speculation about it this past summer and now nothing!

|        Chris Shatara       |      Internet:    shatara@islnds.enet.dec.com|
|  Opinions expressed are    |      DEC Easynet: islnds::shatara            |
|   mine and mine only!      |      UUCP:        ...!decwrl!islnds!shatara  |

In article <1956@mountn.dec.com> shatara@islnds.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) writes:
>Has anyone heard anything regarding a Hypercard for the IIgs?  There was a
>fair amount of speculation about it this past summer and now nothing!

	Well this isn't really any news, but I know someone who was testing
it over the summer.. possibly still is..
	I believe he was testing its use over fileservers too.

--
/               Apple II(GS) Forever!    unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu               \
\"If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd be on in prime time."-Lisa Simpson/

RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") (10/16/90)

>In article <1956@mountn.dec.com> shatara@islnds.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara)
> writes:
>>Has anyone heard anything regarding a Hypercard for the IIgs?  There was a
>>fair amount of speculation about it this past summer and now nothing!
>
>       Well this isn't really any news, but I know someone who was testing
>it over the summer.. possibly still is..
>       I believe he was testing its use over fileservers too.
>
>--
>/               Apple II(GS) Forever!    unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu               \
>\"If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd be on in prime time."-Lisa Simpson/

 I heard that it was completed, but put on the shelf for some unknown reason.
I also heard that it takes up 4 Meg of disk space..

Robert
Real: Robert Brown                      * Profanity is the one language all
Academic Computing Services Lab Manager * programmers know best.
Bitnet: RXBROWN@UALR                    * I speak for me, myself, and I!!
AOL: ROBPHD                             * Tires and tax not included,void where
Apple //GS the power to be your best.   * prohibited. Member FDIC..............

6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Parik Rao) (10/16/90)

 No, i seriously doubt its been "shelved".  Its just
a large and buggy program.  MidiSynth has been done
for over 5 months, its scheduled for release in
end of october (from Addison-wesley).  Likewise,
HyperCard GS will haveta go through a lot of Q&A.

--
6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu/ucsbuxa.bitnet
america online: AFA PARIK    genie:P.RAO

RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") (10/17/90)

> No, i seriously doubt its been "shelved".  Its just
>a large and buggy program.  MidiSynth has been done
>for over 5 months, its scheduled for release in
>end of october (from Addison-wesley).  Likewise,
>HyperCard GS will haveta go through a lot of Q&A.
>
>--
>6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu/ucsbuxa.bitnet
>america online: AFA PARIK    genie:P.RAO

 That will be fine with me. I have been waiting for HCGS with my mouth
watering.