[comp.sys.apple2] BinHex decoding on Unix or GS

prophet@oxy.edu (Dale Bruce LaFountain) (10/17/90)

Has/does anyone have any knowledge of a version of Binhex decode for
the GS or Unix?  I have seen many mac archives with lots of valuable
(to me, anyway) data 'n' stuff lying around, but they are all in
.hqx format.  Anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance,
Dale LaFountain

benji@euler.Berkeley.EDU (Benji Rudiak-Gould) (10/18/90)

In article <116558@tiger.oxy.edu> prophet@oxy.edu(Dale Bruce LaFountain) writes:
>Has/does anyone have any knowledge of a version of Binhex decode for
>the GS or Unix?

Try sumex-aim.stanford.edu [36.44.0.6], cd /info-mac/unix, get mcvert-15.shar.
This program turns BinHex files into binary files _with_a_MacBinary_envelope_.
That is, there are an extra 128 bytes at the beginning of the file w/Macintosh
file information. This may cause problems in some cases. ShrinkIt should work
fine, though.

Benji Rudiak-Gould        / Disclaimer: All opinions are those of /dev/null.
benji@euler.berkeley.edu / "Space Being Goes Berserk And Maims Forty-Nine
________________________/ Crocodiles With Chain Saw." -- spew