[comp.sys.apple2] Will MIDI work with GS Serial Port?

max@ (Max Heffler) (10/17/90)

Will a Midi keyboard work with the Apple IIGS Serial Port?  If so, does
anyone know who makes the interface cable and what model it is?  What software
will support using the IIGS serial port with a Midi keyboard, if any?
Thanx in advance...
--
Max Heffler			internet: max@lgc.com
Landmark Graphics Corp.		uucp: ..!uunet!lgc!max

toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (10/18/90)

max@ (Max Heffler) writes:

>Will a Midi keyboard work with the Apple IIGS Serial Port?  If so, does
>anyone know who makes the interface cable and what model it is?  What software
>will support using the IIGS serial port with a Midi keyboard, if any?

Apple's MIDI interface.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeffrey T. Hutzelman) (10/19/90)

Yes.  Apple Computer, Inc. makes a MIDI interface that gives the IIgs a
MIDI in and out port through the serial port.  Many popular music
programs for the IIgs support MIDI; I know that Diversi-Tune supports
it, as does SoundSmith (I think).
Jeffrey Hutzelman
America Online: JeffreyH11
Internet/BITNET:jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu, jhutz@drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu,