[comp.sys.apple2] Letter to Sculley

toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (10/19/90)

kreme@isis.cs.du.edu (Avatar) writes:

>With a simple upgrade of a faster processor (65c816) and a built in SCSI
>port you have an Apple // with the performance of a Macintosh.

DON'T SEND THIS. More about the GS needs to be changed before that could
be claimed safely; as written it will count against your argument. A bit
more accurate way to put it would be "A properly redesigned and improved
//gs would fill a gap in Apple's product offerings that even the new
Macintoshes do not adequately address, namely low-end home, education, and
small business."

>There are millions of Apple ][ owners out here that are going to be sorely
>disappointed if a few things don't happen:

Um, ultimatums aren't going to keep his interest either.

>By the by, if the emulator card for the Mac LC was an apple //gs running
>at 7Mhz or more, I, personally, would not be complaining.

Keep dreaming. The LC can barely handle true //e emulation as it is.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu