[comp.sys.apple2] New Mac Prices

ZATEZALO-S@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Shane Z) (10/19/90)

Here at Ohio State, the prices are going something like this:

Mac IIsi 2 megs ram/40 meg hd, RGB monitor, Applekeybrd, Macwrite II, Hypercard
Mac OS and mouse for 2915.00

Change it to 5 megs ram/80 meg hd, 3425.00

Mac Classic, 2 megs ram/20 mb hd kybrd, macwrite II, hyprcrd, mac os & mouse
$1215.00

No prices on the LC yet...

Oh yeah... Mac II ci 4 megs ram/80 meg hd, 4754.00

Not bad, but these are they 'educational' prices, I think. I don't know
how they compare to prices that actual schools get.

 Shane

nrunyon%peruvian.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Neil Runyon) (10/19/90)

In article <12630829548010@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu> ZATEZALO-S@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Shane Z) writes:
>>Here at Ohio State, the prices are going something like this:
>>Mac IIsi 2 megs ram/40 meg hd, RGB monitor, Applekeybrd, Macwrite II, Hypercard
>Mac OS and mouse for 2915.00
>
>Change it to 5 megs ram/80 meg hd, 3425.00
A little expensive compared to here in Utah...
the prices here would be $2369 and $2869 respectivly

>Mac Classic, 2 megs ram/20 mb hd kybrd, macwrite II, hyprcrd, mac os & mouse
>$1215.00
$1189, not a big difference.

>Oh yeah... Mac II ci 4 megs ram/80 meg hd, 4754.00
$4125.
>Not bad, but these are they 'educational' prices, I think. I don't know
>how they compare to prices that actual schools get.

I am a little surprised...I thought they prices would be about the same
around the country.

> Shane
Neil -
Neil M. Runyon		      |Apple IIgs ROM 1 Woz Machine, 1.75 Megs RAM,
University of Utah - CS Dept  | 62.5 Meg Hard Drive, 4 Speakers, and a Sony.
nrunyon@peruvian.utah.edu     | An Apple ShareHolder & I want a NEW Apple II!

jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeffrey T. Hutzelman) (10/20/90)

No, No.

The prices quoted were at a particular university.  Most schools use
their educational discount and greater buying power to give students a
better price on computers.  The pricing differs depending on the school.
Jeffrey Hutzelman
America Online: JeffreyH11
Internet/BITNET:jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu, jhutz@drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu,
                jh4o@cmuccvma