[comp.sys.apple2] Juice Plus? Ram boards which use Simms?

duerksen@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Joel L. Duerksen) (10/12/90)

Hello, does anyone know if there is a company which sells a ram
board for the IIGS which uses Simms?  I just called Roger Coats
today and they said they don't carry any.  They also said that
the Juice card never used Simms, is that right?  They also said
Applied Ingenuity is defunct.

I just ordered a ZipGSx 1600 today they said 21 days I wonder when
I'll actually get it, I can't wait :-).

Joel Duerksen

USnail: 410 N. McKinley, Apt. 305, Muncie, IN. 47303
  AT&T: 1-317-289-0430         ICBM: 85 24 31 W / 40 12 16 N
  UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!duerksen
  ARPA: duerksen@bsu-cs.bsu.edu

philip@utstat.uucp (Philip McDunnough) (10/12/90)

In article <11896@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> duerksen@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Joel L. Duerksen) writes:
>Hello, does anyone know if there is a company which sells a ram
>board for the IIGS which uses Simms?

Yes. Harris Labs makes a card called the GS Sauce. It takes either 256k
or 1meg "Mac" Simms and gives you up to 4 megs( or 1 meg). I have one
on a ROM03 and really like it.

Philip McDunnough
University of Toronto
philip@utstat.toronto.edu

mlyons@pro-truckstop.cts.com (Handles, SysOp) (10/14/90)

Whats the address and phone numbers for Harris Labs?

America OnLine : Handles           | Remember Viet Nam? Remember our MIAs!
INET: mlyons@pro-truckstop.cts.com | Apple's don't die, they have seeds...
ProLine: I love this software.     | Many a blunt word has a sharp edge...

henrym@nuchat.UUCP (Henry Malmgren) (10/22/90)

In article <4950@crash.cts.com> mlyons@pro-truckstop.cts.com (Handles, SysOp) writes:

>Whats the address and phone numbers for Harris Labs?
>
>America OnLine : Handles           | Remember Viet Nam? Remember our MIAs!
>INET: mlyons@pro-truckstop.cts.com | Apple's don't die, they have seeds...
>ProLine: I love this software.     | Many a blunt word has a sharp edge...

The address and phone number of Harris Labs, maker of the GS Sauce memory card
is:

Harris Laboratories, Inc.
1143 Riverwood Drive
Burnsville, MN 55337
(612)  890-4498

I can't reccomend this company enough.  I called the other day to ask about
their memory card, and Ramkeeper compatibility, and I was very impressed with
the phone support I got. The lady who answered the phone didn't know, so she
let me speak to one of the techs who helped design the card.  She also wanted
to make sure I knew who my local dealer was, and when she found that there was
no one in Houston that carried their products, she wanted to know my opinions
on companies that might be interested in the card.