[comp.sys.apple2] New APDA Apple II Products

tribby@hpindwa.HP.COM (David Tribby) (09/29/90)

The fall 1990 APDA catalog arrived at home yesterday. It listed a grand
total of three new products for the Apple II:

	Apple II High-Speed SCSI Card Utilities
	Apple II GS/OS Reference Volume I
	Genesys (not from Apple)

Dave Tribby
                                   - - - - -
        ARPA: tribby%hpda@hplabs.HP.COM   UUCP: hplabs!hpda!tribby

gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) (09/30/90)

tribby@hpindwa.HP.COM (David Tribby) writes:
> The fall 1990 APDA catalog arrived at home yesterday. It listed a grand
> total of three new products for the Apple II:
>
>         Apple II High-Speed SCSI Card Utilities
>         Apple II GS/OS Reference Volume I
>         Genesys (not from Apple)

  What's this SCSI card utilities thing?  Can you give us all a little
bit of a description on these new items.  We all know what Genesys is,
but how about the other two???

> Dave Tribby
>                                    - - - - -
>         ARPA: tribby%hpda@hplabs.HP.COM   UUCP: hplabs!hpda!tribby

		-Greg T.

tribby@hpindwa.HP.COM (David Tribby) (10/04/90)

gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) writes:
>tribby@hpindwa.HP.COM (David Tribby) writes:
>> The fall 1990 APDA catalog arrived at home yesterday. It listed a grand
>> total of three new products for the Apple II:
>
>  What's this SCSI card utilities thing?  Can you give us all a little
>bit of a description on these new items.  We all know what Genesys is,
>but how about the other two???

OK...I remembered to bring in my APDA catalog today

Apple II High-Speed SCSI Card Utilities  $30.00

   Software includes SCSI Manager and device drivers for use with the
   following devices: hard disk, CD-ROM, scanner, tape backup. There are
   also ProDOS 8 utilities to partition and verify hard disks as well as
   a utility to backup data. You will also find a "CD-Remote" desk
   accessory for using audio CDs with the Apple IIGS.

   Disk #1 includes all software that ships with the Apple II High-Speed
   SCSI Card. Disk #2 contains beta versions of device drivers for the
   Apple Scanner and APple Tape Backup 40SC.

   Product class 1B (pre-release of supported product)

Apple IIGS GS/OS Reference (Addison-Wesley Publishing, 528 pages) $28.95

   This book replaces the GS/OS Reference Volume 1, Beta Draft previously
   offered by APDA. It also incorporates some information contained in
   the Volume 2 Beta Draft, specifically writing and installing GS/OS
   interrupt and signal handlers, using the Console Driver, and making
   GS/OS loader calls.

--Dave Tribby

shiva@pro-lep.cts.com (Shiva The Destroyer) (10/22/90)

Is the "Apple II High-Speed SCSI Card Utilities" program just for the GS, or
is it for all Apple II's?
_____

UUCP: crash!pro-lep!shiva
ARPA: crash!pro-lep!shiva@nosc.mil
INET: shiva@pro-lep.cts.com

MQUINN@UTCVM.BITNET (10/22/90)

On Sun, 21 Oct 90 21:14:24 CDT Shiva The Destroyer said:

>Is the "Apple II High-Speed SCSI Card Utilities" program just for the GS, or
>is it for all Apple II's?
>_____
>
>UUCP: crash!pro-lep!shiva
>ARPA: crash!pro-lep!shiva@nosc.mil
>INET: shiva@pro-lep.cts.com

It's for all II's that can run ProDOS.
By the way, does anyone know at what ratio this thing formats at????

|  This is your brain...             |  BITNET-- mquinn@utcvm        |
|  This is your brain on drugs...    |  pro-line:                    |
|  This is your brain on whole wheat.|    mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com  |