[comp.sys.apple2] good news from JJJ

bsherman@MTHVAX.CS.MIAMI.EDU (Bob Sherman) (10/23/90)

Forwarded message:
> Date: 22 Oct 90 18:18:45 EDT
> From: Jay
> To: Bob <bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu>
> Subject: II stuff

This is another forwarded message from Jay Wilbur, Managing Editor of
SoftDisk GS Magazine, and is posted here at his request.

 We have some good news folks...

 John Santoro mailed me as copy of "The Apple II Guide" and it's
 impressive. It's filled with Apple II stuff from the letter from the
 Woz on page 1 to listing of Apple II periodicals on page 229.

 John Sculley sings a familiar tune (well almost) in his letter to the
 Apple II community titled, "Apple II: More Than a Promise"

 "Apple Computer, Inc. is committed to selling, supporting, and
 servicing Apple II computers for years to come....We firmly believe
 that people will be using Apple IIs for computing in homes, schools,
 and small businesses across the world well into the 1990s, and we
 appreciate the loyalty over the years of our Apple II customers to
 Apple and it's products.  We intend to reward that loyalty with
 appropriate service, support, and product enhancements."

 "Apple II owners are a very vocal group.  On behalf of Apple, I want
 to thank you for sharing your continued excitement and passion for
 Apple II computers.  Your continued appreciation for our products and
 suggestions about our products guide us in decisions regarding the
 future of the Apple II computer line.  It is particularly gratifying
 to myself and Apple employees, especially Apple II engineers past and
 present, to see that the Apple II, which launched Apple as a
 business, continues to be heartily endorsed by educators, consumers,
 and small business owners."

 Did I read correctly or did Mr. Sculley just admit to a home computer
 audience and the fact that Apple IIs are being used in
 business--TWICE?

 He goes on to list the GREAT new II products Apple has produced.  Of
 course we are reminded of the fact that Apple is working to bridge
 the Apple II and the Mac line using that "synergy" word again.

 The letter ends with his continued commitment to us and his hope that
 we agree that The Apple II Guide is another of Apple's continuing
 efforts to make owning and using an Apple II computer the great
 experience it was meant to be.

 What follows is some 220 pages of Apple II history, Apple II
 philosophy, Apple II success stories (of which our own A2.Tyler is
 one), and Apple II information.  I suggest everyone run to your local
 dealer, users group, or how ever it's being distributed (Tim, can you
 help me out on this one?) and request (read: demand) a look at it.
 It makes for some mighty fine reading!

 Jay

 I read The Apple II Guide so I can comment on it.  Your comments on
 it are welcome, but they will hold validity if you actually read it
 before saying anything about it.

-
  bsherman@mthvax.cs.miami.edu | bsherman@pro-exchange | MCI MAIL:BSHERMAN