[comp.sys.apple2] VLSI Apple II/laptop

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) (10/24/90)

In article <2.apple.ii.csa2.net@pro-gateway> bill@pro-gateway.cts.com (Bill Long, SysOp) writes:

>> 	yeah, for sure!  And I think it is ossible using VLSI to make
>> 	a //gs on a chip! SEE, there are already companies working on
>> 	AT on a chip, One of them already announced their AT-in-a-chip
>> 	So why not //GS in a chip?
>
>Because there's already so much prejudice against anything called an Apple
>II, that it wouldn't be nearly as profitable as something like AT-in-a-chip.

  Since Apple would never do such a thing, it wouldn't be called an Apple II.
So no name-prejudice!
  Personally, I think this is a great idea.  Have a 15-20MHz 65816 with
corresponding VLSI for II emulation, plus memory management, and new
FASSSSST i/o support.  The <Insert Company Name Here> IIf.
I don't think model IDs can be protected, can they? I mean, there's the
Camaro RS and the Capri RS (well, used to be anyway).
  I keep telling everyone that the first person who cracks the home market
is gonna be $$$$$$ out the booty.  Hopefully someone will listen.

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | Blondes in big black cars look better wearing
Senior/Computer Engineering | their dark sunglasses at night. (unk. wierdo)