[comp.sys.apple2] LinkIIgs

acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) (10/22/90)

A program I'm working on in Orca/C has an array larger than 64K. How do
I handle this correctly with LinkIIgs? As you might expect, putting

-lseg Data
	myfile.a(@~ARRAYS,@~GLOBALS)

will cause an error saying code exceeds bank segment. How do I get
around this?

albert chin ... acmfiu@fiu.edu

alb@cognos.UUCP (Al Belyea) (10/24/90)

In article <1527@kluge.fiu.edu> acmfiu@serss0.fiu.edu (ACMFIU) writes:
>A program I'm working on in Orca/C has an array larger than 64K. How do
>I handle this correctly with LinkIIgs? As you might expect, putting
>
>-lseg Data
>	myfile.a(@~ARRAYS,@~GLOBALS)
>
>will cause an error saying code exceeds bank segment. How do I get
>around this?
>
>albert chin ... acmfiu@fiu.edu

I'm grappling with a similar problem right now, but it sounds like I've gotten
a bit farther than you.

Your -lseg DATA
            myfile.a(etc.)

is only referencing the data segments. The error you are getting is referring
to your code size (not data). The solution is to split up your code into
multiple segments with -lseg commands. For example if you had 2 object files:

-lseg SEG1
  myfile1.a
-lseg SEG2
  myfile2.a

after your -lseg DATA statement would split your code between 2 code segments.

--
Allan Belyea              UUCP:                          3755 Riverside Dr.
Cognos Incorporated       alb@cognos                     P.O. Box 9707