[comp.sys.apple2] serial HD20 again...

sbulmahn@yoyodyne.ncsa.uiuc.edu (Dr Thrasher) (10/23/90)

This is a repost of the problem I posted about a week ago.  Yes, I know that
perhaps I am hammering this into the ground, but this would save me a lot
of time, money, and aggravation if I could solve it..

I have upgraded an HD20 with a WSI board to make it into a SCSI device.
However, it still will not work on an Apple ][ gs, even with a high speed
SCSI card attatched.  Has anyone done this before with any success, or am
I basically screwed?

I really appreciate any responses about this, since otherwize I end up being
out some serious $$$

Scott Bulmahn
sbulmahn@yoyodyne.ncsa.uiuc.edu
smb31317@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
(217) 332-3214 home
(217) 244-2689 work
--

taob@pro-micol.cts.com (Brian Tao) (10/25/90)

    What do you mean exactly "it still will not work on an Apple IIGS"?  Does
it not boot when you power on the GS?  Is it recognized in the Finder?  What
does Prosel or BASIC.System say when you access slot 7, drive 1 (I assume that
is where you put the SCSI card)?  Have you tried a low-level format on a Mac
(and does it work on a Mac?)  If you can get a hold of another GS with a
high-speed SCSI, try it out on that one.  You _might_ have a defective card.

BT