[comp.sys.apple2] CNTRL CHARS

noahm@pro-freedom.cts.com (Noah Magram) (10/22/90)

Sorry I haven't got a clue! But I'll look into it, and mabey post it in next
week's colum.
----
ProLine:  noahm@pro-freedom
Internet: noahm@pro-freedom.cts.com
UUCP:     crash!pro-freedom!noahm
ARPA:     crash!pro-freedom!noahm@nosc.mil

seah@ee.rochester.edu (David Seah) (10/26/90)

From DOS 3.3, I think you just type INVERSE before you catalog.  Any
control character in the filename would get masked into a displayable character
and boom, there it is.

At least, I seem to remember something like that :-)

--
Dave Seah |       Omnidyne Systems-M         | INET: seah@ee.rochester.edu  |
          | "User-Friendly Killing Machines" | America Online: AFC DaveS    |

ART100@psuvm.psu.edu (Andy Tefft) (10/27/90)

If you type inverse and then catalog the control characters do NOT
show up. However, dos pads each fileename with spaces, so any
filename that contains unprintable characters willhaave a shorter
line of inverse spaces following it. This way you can tell IF
a filename has an unprintable character in it but not what it is.
The easiest way is to type in the program which has been posted
from the manual (whichever manual it is - i haven't used it
for about 6 years).