[comp.sys.apple2] GS, Macbinary

philip@utstat.uucp (Philip McDunnough) (10/27/90)

How does one download a Mac ".sit" file using the GS? There is this
little header issue which seems to require Macbinary as opposed to
just binary transfers.

Philip McDunnough
University of Toronto

In article <1990Oct27.071450.3547@utstat.uucp> philip@utstat.uucp (Philip McDunnough) writes:
>How does one download a Mac ".sit" file using the GS? There is this
>little header issue which seems to require Macbinary as opposed to
>just binary transfers.

	Isn't a ".sit" file just StuffIt?

	Well, ShrinkIt GS extracts from StuffIt archives.. and I've
used it for that purpose, and I must have gotten the StuffIt archives
over the modem, so I presume everything's just put in a data fork...
	This is all just based on personal experience though.

--
/               Apple II(GS) Forever!    unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu               \
\"If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd be on in prime time."-Lisa Simpson/