[comp.sys.apple2] ProTERM Documentation

In article <100556@cc.utah.edu> DHANSON@cc.utah.edu writes:
>|[REQUEST]:  Need lost documentation for PROTERM 2.2 s/w.             |
>|                                                                     |
>|        Recently, I discovered that I lost the documentation for the |
>|terminal program ProTERM 2.2; specificly, all the information about  |
>|the 'macro' features.  I know basiclly how to write the macros, but  |
>|know NOTHING about how to use "GLOBAL MACROS"/"EXEC MACRO FILE".     |
>|                                                                     |
>|        Please, if you can either send some hard-copy my way or type |
>|in some summaries online, I'd much appreciate it.  Thank you.        |

	I sure hope that you're not actually just pirating the program..
If you had a legitimate copy then you could just contact Insync software
to get a new copy of the documentation.

	I am not trying to harp about pirating, because as I've said many times
before I SUPPORT piracy for resting purposes.. I never would have used
the wonderful program ProTERM (or Ascii Express for that matter, or any of
the rest of my software) if it had not been for piracy... But I either
have bought or plan on buying lots of software... ProTERM included..

	I just don't like it when there's a pirate using a fake excuse to
get a computer version of documentation... This MIGHT not be your case but
it sure looks like it to me!  Heck, if you ARE pirating and just said
outright that you were pirating and asking for documentation, you'd probably
get some from someone! (I don't have any and wouldn't send it probably)

--
/               Apple II(GS) Forever!    unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu               \
\"If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd be on in prime time."-Lisa Simpson/

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) (10/24/90)

In article <8100@darkstar.ucsc.edu> unknown@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (The Unknown User) writes:
>	I am not trying to harp about pirating, because as I've said many times
>before I SUPPORT piracy for resting purposes.. I never would have used
                             ^^^^^^^
Yep. Copying disks always makes me sleepy too... always sleep really
well afterwards! Like after eating a large, satisfying meal. Yeah...
:-) I just couldn't pass up a chance to be stupid!

>--
[msg from That Unknown User dude]

>\"If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd be on in prime time."-Lisa Simpson/

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | Blondes in big black cars look better wearing
Senior/Computer Engineering | their dark sunglasses at night. (unk. wierdo)

marekp@pnet91.cts.com (Marek Pawlowski) (10/26/90)

How can you promote piracy?  It is a main factor in what has brought the Apple
// software industry down to extreme low levels, and most likely, never to be
professionally accepted again.

/* Marek Pawlowski, marekp@{generic|pnet91|contact|bkj386|torag|aunix}.uucp */
/* President, Intelligent Twist Software, 250 Harding Blvd, PO BOX 32017    */
/* Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4C 9M7, CANADA.				    */

MQUINN%UTCVM@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (10/27/90)

On Thu, 25 Oct 90 20:15:05 GMT Marek Pawlowski said:
>How can you promote piracy?  It is a main factor in what has brought the Apple
>// software industry down to extreme low levels, and most likely, never to be
>professionally accepted again.
>
>/* Marek Pawlowski, marekp@{generic|pnet91|contact|bkj386|torag|aunix}.uucp */
>/* President, Intelligent Twist Software, 250 Harding Blvd, PO BOX 32017    */
>/* Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4C 9M7, CANADA.				    */

Piracy ins't what brought the Apple II down, it was Apple Inc. (a.k.a. Mac Inc.
).  Software piracy is just as strong in the IBM and Mac worlds.  I see it in
the office and at school ALL the time.  It's even stronger on the commodore.

And you're right.  The Apple II will never be professionally accepted again,
concidering Apple has no plans to make any new CPUs.

|                                    |                               |
|  This is your brain...             |  BITNET-- mquinn@utcvm        |
|  This is your brain on drugs...    |  pro-line:                    |
|  This is your brain on whole wheat.|    mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com  |
|____________________________________|_______________________________|

ART100@psuvm.psu.edu (Andy Tefft) (10/28/90)

In article <40@generic.UUCP>, marekp@pnet91.cts.com (Marek Pawlowski) says:

>How can you promote piracy?  It is a main factor in what has brought the Apple
>// software industry down to extreme low levels, and most likely, never to be
>professionally accepted again.

I hadn't thought about it before, but reading this made me realize just
how much piracy had to do with making the // popular in the first place.

marekp@pnet91.uucp (Marek Pawlowski) (10/29/90)

ART100@psuvm.psu.edu (Andy Tefft) writes:
>In article <40@generic.UUCP>, marekp@pnet91.cts.com (Marek Pawlowski) says:
>>
>>How can you promote piracy?  It is a main factor in what has brought the Apple
>>// software industry down to extreme low levels, and most likely, never to be
>>professionally accepted again.
>
>I hadn't thought about it before, but reading this made me realize just
>how much piracy had to do with making the // popular in the first place.

True, in the beginning.  That does not ring true in the 90's, where no one
wants to be ripped off.  Back in the 70's, with entrepreneurial "flops", it
was expected that something new had it's faults.  Do you think someone would
do something like Woodstock, today?  I strongly doubt it.
Piracy is completely discouraging for the authors.  Even the wonderful idea of
Shareware, which I really believe in, is really letting me down.  Sometimes I
feel like all the time and effort has gone to waste.

Don't read me wrong.  There ARE very honest people out there, and very nice
people.  I admire and respect them for doing that.  And always will.

Piracy is stealing.  Plain and simple.  Some people bring up something along
the lines of "I'd rather see the software and finding out it's crap, before
buying it and finding it out".  I never have this problem.  You see, there's
this thing called "word of mouth", and there's friends, who will gladly show
off some software to you, WITHOUT breaking laws..  If we were to let some
people test some software, and tell us if it's good or bad, I would trust them
more than any magazine.  After all, they're not being payed for it.  From what
I read, "Dungeon Master" is an extreme success.  People love it.  Then there's
everything Brian Greenstone wrote, again, highly acclaimed..

See my point?