[comp.sys.apple2] apple.com info

jordan@hpfcdj.HP.COM (Steve J. Jordan) (10/25/90)

Does anyone know if apple.com has files available to the public (for my GS)?
Is there a guest login?

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (10/28/90)

In article <29110014@hpfcdj.HP.COM> jordan@hpfcdj.HP.COM (Steve J. Jordan) writes:
>Does anyone know if apple.com has files available to the public (for my GS)?
>Is there a guest login?

Yes, although I haven't tried it for a few weeks I assume it's still set up
for anonymous FTP (login name "anonymous", password your name, e.g.
"jordan@hp").  Try the "pub/dts" directory.  As I recall, there are tech
notes, file type notes, and sample source code.

pnakada@oracle.com (Paul Nakada) (10/29/90)

In article <14259@smoke.brl.mil> gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
   In article <29110014@hpfcdj.HP.COM> jordan@hpfcdj.HP.COM (Steve J. Jordan) writes:
   >Does anyone know if apple.com has files available to the public (for my GS)?
   >Is there a guest login?

   Yes, although I haven't tried it for a few weeks I assume it's still set up
   for anonymous FTP (login name "anonymous", password your name, e.g.
   "jordan@hp").  Try the "pub/dts" directory.  As I recall, there are tech
   notes, file type notes, and sample source code.

I think apple.com is no longer used as an ftp server..  here's a note
I grabbed from c.s.m.system..

-Paul

Here's info Mark Johnson (Developer Tech Support) posted on another BB, so I'm
copying it here:
 -------------
Still working on ftp.apple.com (130.43.2.3), but until that is finally complete
you can now get System Software 6.0.7 from apple.com (130.43.2.2) in the
 ~ftp/pub/dts/sw.license directory.  Also get the 6.0.7 change history and
the 6.0.6b19 change history (in Glue format for now) if you are interested
in exactly what has changed since 6.0.5.  A final change history will be
released soon.

--

Paul Nakada  |  Oracle Corporation  |  pnakada@oracle.com

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (10/30/90)

In article <PNAKADA.90Oct28124003@pnakada.oracle.com> pnakada@oracle.com (Paul Nakada) writes:
>I think apple.com is no longer used as an ftp server..

Maybe it's going to be discontinued, but just now I used anonymous FTP
to apple.com and retrieved a file from pub/dts/aii/...

araftis@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Alex Raftis) (10/31/90)

In article <14277@smoke.brl.mil> gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <PNAKADA.90Oct28124003@pnakada.oracle.com> pnakada@oracle.com (Paul Nakada) writes:
>>I think apple.com is no longer used as an ftp server..
>
>Maybe it's going to be discontinued, but just now I used anonymous FTP
>to apple.com and retrieved a file from pub/dts/aii/...

From recent personal experience, apple.com if availble for anonymous ftp during
late hours. I don't know them exactly, but if I log in late at night I can
ftp, but during the day I can't

                     Internet: araftis@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
               America Online: xela      (Real Life: Alex Raftis)