[comp.sys.apple2] Telecommunication

jcy@sgfb.ssd.ray.com (Jeffrey C. Yancho) (10/31/90)

Hello,

I have been given an external modem for my apple IIe and have a few
questions.

     First, the modem cable that I'm using is a one to one cable with
            a male DB25 connector on each end.  Is this correct?  Are
            there any jumpers that are required for the Super Serial
            card to function correctly, like RTS to CTS?

    Second, I have apple kermit v3.81, It seems to loose characters
            when the screen scrolls.  Is this a problem with my set
            up or is there a bug in the copy of kermit that I have?

I am looking for a public domain copy of a communication program
(other than kermit) if anyone has one that they could email to me
it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

       Jeffrey C. Yancho                 Raytheon Co.
       (401) 847-8000                    Submarine Signal Div.
             x2328                       Mail Stop 174
                                         1847 W. Main Rd.
       jcy@sgfb.ssd.ray.com              Portsmouth, RI
                                         02871-1087
                                         Fax # (401) 847-8000 x2364/5

In article <281@sgfb.ssd.ray.com> jcy@sgfb.ssd.ray.com (Jeffrey C. Yancho) writes:
>    Second, I have apple kermit v3.81, It seems to loose characters
>            when the screen scrolls.  Is this a problem with my set
>            up or is there a bug in the copy of kermit that I have?

	You have to toggle (i.e. switch to the position it's not at now)
switch 2-6 on your Super Serial Card.. That is, in the SECOND BANK of
DIP switches, toggle switch 6. That will automagically fix everything.

>I am looking for a public domain copy of a communication program
>(other than kermit) if anyone has one that they could email to me
>it would be much appreciated.

	I suggest you BUY ProTERM. I think it blows away every other
communications program... I realize you said you're looking for a public
domain program, but ProTERM is so good (easy to use and powerful) that
it's worth buying.
--
/Apple II(GS) Forever! unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu MAIL ME FOR INFO ABOUT CHEAP CDs\
\"If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd be on in prime time."-Lisa Simpson/