[comp.sys.apple2] ProTERM Unix Termcap desired

wisdom@wookumz.ai.mit.edu (Joseph 'Arki' Wisdom) (10/30/90)

	Can someone tell me where I could obtain... or send me a
termcap for the ProTERM Special Emulation for use with BSD-style
Unix?  Thanks in advance.

					-jw

alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (10/31/90)

In article <1990Oct30.062051.14985@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu> wisdom@wookumz.ai.mit.edu (Joseph 'Arki' Wisdom) writes:
>	Can someone tell me where I could obtain... or send me a
>termcap for the ProTERM Special Emulation for use with BSD-style
>Unix?  Thanks in advance.

Hmm...just the day after I figured out how to get a description of a
termcap from "man."  I thought it ought to be possible to make a PTSE
termcap, but I don't know what control codes PTSE uses.  Does anybody
have a list of these control codes handy?  Maybe I could make a PTSE
termcap from it.

Scott Alfter                             _/_
                                        / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/

roy@ut-emx.uucp (Roy Ivy III) (10/31/90)

In article <2225@unsvax.NEVADA.EDU> alfter@uns-helios.uucp (SCOTT ALFTER) writes:
>In article <1990Oct30.062051.14985@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu> wisdom@wookumz.ai.mit.edu (Joseph 'Arki' Wisdom) writes:
>>	Can someone tell me where I could obtain... or send me a
>>termcap for the ProTERM Special Emulation for use with BSD-style
>>Unix?  Thanks in advance.
>
>Hmm...just the day after I figured out how to get a description of a
>termcap from "man."  I thought it ought to be possible to make a PTSE
>termcap, but I don't know what control codes PTSE uses.  Does anybody
>have a list of these control codes handy?  Maybe I could make a PTSE
>termcap from it.

>Scott Alfter                             _/_
>                                        / v \ Apple II:
>Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
>   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/

I made up a termcap entry for ProTerm.  The following entered on the csh
command line will set it up:

setenv TERM proterm
setenv TERMCAP 'zh|proterm:am:co#80:li#24:ce=\031:cl=\014:bs:le=\025:up=\013:do=\012:cd=\027:so=\017:se=\016:cm=\036%r%+ %+ :kb=\010:ku=\013:kd=\012:kr=\025:kl=\010:bl=\007:cr'
stty rows 0 columns 0

The termcap entry is obvious (in the second line) and could be added to
a termcap system file if the superuser will do it for you.

Roy Ivy III

Internet: roy@aaraya.ee.utexas.edu

bh1e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brendan Gallagher Hoar) (11/01/90)

Its been done...was up on the net sometime at least 6 months ago...

in fact here at ANDREW, Jerry Mereness was courageous enough to get AC
(Academic Computing) or whoever to install it on all the machine on
campus in /etc/termcap.

At any rate...it might be on one  or more of the archives, and if not,
I defer to jm7e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeremy Mereness), as if hes not
already busy enough.

Brendan G. Hoar
bh1e+@andrew.cmu.edu