[comp.sys.apple2] Help with GS/OS Create

ifar355@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) (11/01/90)

Could anyone send me a little segment of assmebly that creates a file using
the GS/OS create call? I don't have any of the GS/OS reference manuals, so
I'm using Nifty List to find out the format of the DCB (gotta send Dave Lyons
the shareware fee very soon...) However, I still can't get it to work.

Thanks,
  Dave

David Huang                              |       "I didn't order any
Internet: ifar355@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu     |        pizzas, especially
America Online: DrWho29                  |           green ones"

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) (11/01/90)

In article <38950@ut-emx.uucp> ifar355@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David H. Huang) writes:
>Could anyone send me a little segment of assmebly that creates a file using
>the GS/OS create call? I don't have any of the GS/OS reference manuals, so
>I'm using Nifty List to find out the format of the DCB (gotta send Dave Lyons
>the shareware fee very soon...) However, I still can't get it to work.
  If you're going to do GS programming, you really need to get all the
manuals (look who's talking :-), but what might put that off in this
particular instance is the GS/OS "Exerciser", which lets you figure out
OS calls before you code them.  It's available on GEnie and America Online.
(AO for sure).

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | Blondes in big black cars look better wearing
Senior/Computer Engineering | their dark sunglasses at night. (unk. wierdo)

In article <1990Oct31.202249.22998@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) writes:
>  If you're going to do GS programming, you really need to get all the
>manuals (look who's talking :-), but what might put that off in this
>particular instance is the GS/OS "Exerciser", which lets you figure out
>OS calls before you code them.  It's available on GEnie and America Online.
>(AO for sure).
>
>--
>Jawaid Bazyar               | Blondes in big black cars look better wearing

Hey, I'm a poor grad student looking for a job!!! :-)
I will check out the Exerciser disk though, and I'm going to get the manuals
as soon as I get the money... All those computer books are so expensive,
I've probably paid more than $100 for the manuals (3 toolbox refs, and a
Numerics Manual <yes, I really do use SANE {sometimes}:->:-)

Gee, I need some more lines before the news server will take this...
I hope this is enough...
Happy?