[comp.sys.apple2] Kermit for IIc

c8921212@frey.nu.oz.au (Luke Plaizier) (10/30/90)

	Could comeone please let me know if there is a version of
Kermit for the Apple IIc (the last version available in Australia)
accessible with binscii or snail mail.
	I gathered it was public domain, but nobody in Australia
recognises that it exists. (Nobody in NEWCASTLE does anyway.)

	Any help at all would be appreciated.

USERSIG@MTSG.UBC.CA (10/31/90)

>Could comeone please let me know if there is a version of
>Kermit for the Apple IIc (the last version available in Australia)
>accessible with binscii or snail mail.

Kermit for Apple II machines is named Kermit-65 and it runs on all
Apple II computers under ProDOS or DOS 3.3.  The current version is
3.86, but 3.87 will be available pretty soon.  Unless you need it
desperatley, I'd suggest waiting a little while for the release of
3.87 and then get someone to send it to you.  Yes, it definitely
*is* public domain software.

Les_Ferch@mtsg.ubc.ca

jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeffrey T. Hutzelman) (10/31/90)

kermit does indeed exist and is available via anonymous ftp from
tybalt.caltech.edu.  As to whether there are drivers that will work on
the //c, well...  I think so, but I'm not sure.  Give it a try.
--------------------
Jeffrey Hutzelman			America Online: JeffreyH11
Internet: jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu		BITNET: JHUTZ@DRYCAS
>> Apple // Forever!!! <<

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (11/01/90)

jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeffrey T. Hutzelman) writes:
Kermit 3.87 is here or rather somebody uploaded it to tybalt.caltech.edu
( [131.215.139.100], login anonymous, any password, cd pub/apple2)

However I will not delete 3.86 until I have verified that 3.87 works. Download
at your own risk for now. 3.86 DOES work with a //c, I have personally verified
it -- make sure you run install first, and take the default option on any
question you don't understand.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu

medin@cod.NOSC.MIL (Ted Medin) (11/02/90)

In article <1990Nov1.014252.9526@nntp-server.caltech.edu> toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) writes:
>jh4o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jeffrey T. Hutzelman) writes:
>Kermit 3.87 is here or rather somebody uploaded it to tybalt.caltech.edu
>( [131.215.139.100], login anonymous, any password, cd pub/apple2)

Interesting we
havnt released it to
columbia yet. Well if its
a good one we will take reports.
73, ted
n6trf

USERSIG@MTSG.UBC.CA (11/02/90)

Please note that any Kermit 3.87 around right now is a BETA version.
I can tell you right now that there is a minor bug in the beta
KERMIT.INSTALL program (its end exceeds $1000 and so it gets
partially clobbered when Kermit is loaded). Anyhow, the point is,
DON'T USE BETA SOFTWARE UNLESS YOU ARE A BETA TESTER and DON'T GIVE
IT AWAY TO OTHERS OR UPLOAD IT ANYWHERE.

Be patient. The bugs are being squished by us testers and the
official release version should be available pretty soon.

Les_Ferch@mtsg.ubc.ca