[comp.sys.apple2] HyperC documentation wanted.

greyelf@wpi.WPI.EDU (Michael J Pender) (11/03/90)

Someone just dropped me a line, thinking I had the HyperC documentation,
and offering to pay xerox costs if I mailed them a copy.  Alas I do not
have the documentation.  But I WISH LIKE HELL THAT I DID!!!!!
I feel the same way, the documentation for such a useful program would
be of IMMENSE benefit to anyone that tries to write software but
can't afford to drop $200 for a buggy system like orca.

If anyone has the documentation and access to a scanner, or would be
kind enough to type it in, there are literally hundreds of people
that would benefit from your effort.  Would someone please, please,
PRETTY please upload the documentation?

--
---
Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.   Part of this D- belongs to

In article <1990Nov2.222116.14820@wpi.WPI.EDU> greyelf@wpi.WPI.EDU (Michael J Pender) writes:
> But I WISH LIKE HELL THAT I DID!!!!!  {have the documentation}
>I feel the same way, the documentation for such a useful program would
>be of IMMENSE benefit to anyone that tries to write software but
>can't afford to drop $200 for a buggy system like orca.

	I guess this could be considered a "flame" by some people.. And
I will upfront admit that I have never used HyperC and never really used
Orca to any extent...

	But it seems to me a "buggy system like orca" (which seems to
continually get massive upgrades and Mike Westerfield seems to be
very helpful to users from what people have said of him on here) is
better than a system that does NOT even have a scanf function, one of
the functions first described in K&R! At least people on here have said
that it doesn't have a scanf function and people have to keep finding
weird ways of getting input like getch or something like that instead of
standard ways like scanf and getchar().

	By the way, another advantage of ORCA C is that it's GS specific
and will allow use of the ToolBox.. and the company that wrote it is
still in existance!

	If I'm wrong about any of this, please correct me.
--
/Apple II(GS) Forever! unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu MAIL ME FOR INFO ABOUT CHEAP CDs\
\"If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd be on in prime time."-Lisa Simpson/

dpalermo@aludra.usc.edu (Dan Palermo) (11/03/90)

In article <8496@darkstar.ucsc.edu> unknown@ucscb.UCSC.EDU writes:
>	By the way, another advantage of ORCA C is that it's GS specific
>and will allow use of the ToolBox.. and the company that wrote it is
>still in existance!

   I have the ORCA/M Macro assembler and would love to see ORCA C on
my //c.  Since I can't have that, I am happy enough to try and stumble
through programming with Hyper C (without documentation).  I have been
programming in C for the past 3 years and have always wished there
would be a good implementation for my good 'ole //c so I could port some
of the stuff I have written for other systems.  Hyper C might just be what
I have been waiting for, but it is really difficult to make use of it
without the manuals.  It is lacking in a few areas (scanf, graphics,
floating point, expanded memory support, etc) but these things can be
added to it once its specifics are understood.
   Without the documentation it is quite a challege; with the manuals
it would be time to get to work!! ;-)  If anyone out there has any leads
on the authors or has a copy of the manuals, please post.

   Dan Palermo
   dpalermo@usc.edu

alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (11/03/90)

In article <8496@darkstar.ucsc.edu> unknown@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (The Unknown User) writes:
>	By the way, another advantage of ORCA C is that it's GS specific

This, I think, would be considered a major disadvantage by some (or
could I say "many?").  Not everybody has a GS, you know.

Scott Alfter                             _/_
                                        / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/

greyelf@wpi.WPI.EDU (Michael J Pender) (11/04/90)

In article <12913@chaph.usc.edu> dpalermo@aludra.usc.edu (Dan Palermo) writes:
>...It is lacking in a few areas (scanf, graphics,
>floating point, expanded memory support, etc) but these things can be
>added to it once its specifics are understood.
>
>   Dan Palermo
>   dpalermo@usc.edu

The floating point library is available from plains.nodak.edu.  There is
a scanf function for it, but it is not with the files at plains because
noone has uploaded it.  I just wrote a graphics library for it,
check comp.binaries.apple2, assuming our mailer sent it, and I use it
with a sampler card to access the extended 1  meg space in my computer.

Admittedly the implementation of floating point is a pain the way it is...
but if I had the documentation, or if we all did, we could do something
about it.

---
greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu  Worcester, Ma 01609           - B. Simpson
--