[comp.sys.apple2] Apologies to the net

marekp@pnet91.cts.com (Marek Pawlowski) (10/25/90)

Several people have brought this to my attention.  My previous signature,
being of 80 column width, seemed to be double spaced on some terminals.  Very
un-professional, I must admit.  Hopefully this new one, will relieve all your
peeves.  Once again, thanks to the ones that pointed it out to me.  I never
noticed on my terminal.

/* Marek Pawlowski, marekp@{generic|pnet91|contact|bkj386|torag|aunix}.uucp */
/* President, Intelligent Twist Software, 250 Harding Blvd, PO BOX 32017    */
/* Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4C 9M7, CANADA.				    */

MQUINN%UTCVM@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (10/26/90)

On Wed, 24 Oct 90 18:45:04 GMT Marek Pawlowski said:
>Several people have brought this to my attention.  My previous signature,
>being of 80 column width, seemed to be double spaced on some terminals.  Very
>un-professional, I must admit.  Hopefully this new one, will relieve all your
>peeves.  Once again, thanks to the ones that pointed it out to me.  I never
>noticed on my terminal.

Yeah!  It looks MUCH better now :)
Since he broght this up, there are about 2 or 3 other people on the net whose
sigs are 80 char's wide and the next char WOULD show up on the next line, but
since there's a carriage return as the next character, it produces a blank line
and the whole sig is double spaced.
MAN!!!  I'm startin' to get REAL nit-picky now, aren't I?

>/* Marek Pawlowski, marekp@{generic|pnet91|contact|bkj386|torag|aunix}.uucp */
>/* President, Intelligent Twist Software, 250 Harding Blvd, PO BOX 32017    */
>/* Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4C 9M7, CANADA.				    */

|                                    |                               |
|  This is your brain...             |  BITNET-- mquinn@utcvm        |
|  This is your brain on drugs...    |  pro-line:                    |
|  This is your brain on whole wheat.|    mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com  |
|____________________________________|_______________________________|

greg@hoss.unl.edu (Hammer T. H.) (10/27/90)

... MQUINN%UTCVM@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU writes:
>On Wed, 24 Oct 90 18:45:04 GMT Marek Pawlowski said:
>>Several people have brought this to my attention.  My previous signature,
>>being of 80 column width, seemed to be double spaced on some terminals.  Very
>>un-professional, I must admit.  Hopefully this new one, will relieve all your
>>peeves.  Once again, thanks to the ones that pointed it out to me.  I never
>>noticed on my terminal.

>Yeah!  It looks MUCH better now :)
>Since he broght this up, there are about 2 or 3 other people on the net whose
>sigs are 80 char's wide and the next char WOULD show up on the next line, but
>since there's a carriage return as the next character, it produces a blank line
>and the whole sig is double spaced.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  It's a little problem with ProTERM that it
likes to generate that extra line when a line is exactly 80 columns.
Turning off word wrap gets it to stick, but then you have people who enter
lines that are of length >80, and it decides to just stay on the 80th
column until it gets a return.  Forced me to create a termcap for vt100-79
(79-column vt100) so vi would work right.

Hmm, it seems though that the nn I'm using inserts those CRs where they
need be when reading, so perhaps I can go back to 80-column vt100 and
leave word-wrap off.

>>/* Marek Pawlowski, marekp@{generic|pnet91|contact|bkj386|torag|aunix}.uucp */
>>/* President, Intelligent Twist Software, 250 Harding Blvd, PO BOX 32017    */
>>/* Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4C 9M7, CANADA.				    */

Now there is the problem with tabs...

--
     __  _____________  __
     \ \_\ \__   __/ /_/ /  "Is that really you, or is that a spacesuit and

marekp@pnet91.uucp (Marek Pawlowski) (10/29/90)

When using vt100 on ProTERM, you wouldn't notice it.  I didn't.
It's a bit unfortunate, and must be annoying.  Who else out there has 80
column .sig's  :)

/* Marek Pawlowski, marekp@{generic|pnet91|contact|bkj386|torag|aunix}.uucp */
/* President, Intelligent Twist Software, 250 Harding Blvd, PO BOX 32017    */
/* Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4C 9M7, CANADA.				    */

zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Sameer Parekh) (11/05/90)

How do you turn of word wrap with ProTERM?

--
zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) (11/06/90)

In article <1990Nov05.042308.26191@ddsw1.MCS.COM> zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Sameer Parekh) writes:

>How do you turn of word wrap with ProTERM?

  Well, it says in the manual, but there's a much easier way.
Use Z-Link.

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | Blondes in big black cars look better wearing
Senior/Computer Engineering | their dark sunglasses at night. (unk. wierdo)