[comp.sys.apple2] Rastan GS on Hard Disk

r.levy@cooper.cooper.EDU (Rami Levy ) (11/05/90)

I just bought Rastan GS - what an amazing game!!! There should be more like
it.  I know there was a post in this newsgroup a while back about how to put
it on your hard drive.  I can't seem to find that post.  Anyway, I've placed
"diskA" on the hard drive, and it works fine, yet it still asks for diskB and
must read it from the floppy itself (SLOW).
	If anyone could please respond, I would appreciate it! Please mail
					Rami

r.levy@marvin.cooper.edu

kreme@isis.cs.du.edu (Avatar) (11/06/90)

In article <3036@cooper.cooper.EDU> r.levy@cooper.cooper.EDU (Rami Levy ) writes:
>I just bought Rastan GS - what an amazing game!!! There should be more like
>it.  I know there was a post in this newsgroup a while back about how to put
>it on your hard drive.  I can't seem to find that post.  Anyway, I've placed
>"diskA" on the hard drive, and it works fine, yet it still asks for diskB and
>must read it from the floppy itself (SLOW).

Copy disk B to the hard drive also (put /RASTANB/RASTAN files in the same
directory as the /RastanA/Rastan files).

The program will still ask for disk B, and will check it at the start of
every level, but it reads the program off the HD, for a considerable speed
increase.

There were several patches posted around that eliminated the copy protection
all together, but I don't have one of those to tell you about it...

--
| kreme@nyx.cs.du.edu |Growing up leads to growing old, and then to dying, and|
|---------------------|dying to me don't sound like all that much fun.        |