[comp.sys.apple2] APPLE HIGH SPEED SCSI Vs Ramfast daisy chain

kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) (10/25/90)

Grant,
 In a word, yes, you can daisy chain up to seven SCSI devices. I am certain
that the Apple DMA SCSI card can do this, and I would assume that the RamFast
card will assuming it conforms to SCSI standards. You just have to make sure
you have the proper terminations & SCSI id's set up.

rlw@ttardis.UUCP (Ron Wilson) (11/06/90)

In article <9177.apple.net@pro-angmar>, kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) writes:
>Grant,
> In a word, yes, you can daisy chain up to seven SCSI devices. I am certain
>that the Apple DMA SCSI card can do this, and I would assume that the RamFast
>card will assuming it conforms to SCSI standards. You just have to make sure
>you have the proper terminations & SCSI id's set up.

A related question: Can any of the SCSI interfaces for the Apple II (and IIgs)
accommodate another computer on the SCSI bus?

I would like to get a cartridge harddisk so I can share one drive between
multiple computers.  It would be nice if I didn't have to switch cables
around using different computers.

About MS-DOS: "... an OS originally designed for a microprocessor that modern
                kitchen appliances would sneer at...."
                   - Dave Trowbridge, _Computer Technology Review_, Aug 90

                                     iwblsys\
rlw@ttardis	    uunet!rel.mi.org!cfctech!ttardis!rlw
                sharkey.cc.umich.edu/
    rel.mi.org is currently sick - back in 2 weeks.

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (11/07/90)

In article <2649@ttardis.UUCP> rlw@ttardis.UUCP (Ron Wilson) writes:
>A related question: Can any of the SCSI interfaces for the Apple II (and IIgs)
>accommodate another computer on the SCSI bus?

I recall MattG saying that the Apple High-Speed (DMA) SCSI Card supported
that.  I also seem to recall that he said that the current MacOS SCSI
driver couldn't cope with it, although GS/OS 5.0.3 was perfectly happy.