[comp.sys.apple2] What is with the flickering?

tyler@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Tyler W Phillips) (11/07/90)

As of a couple of days ago, my monitor started to flicker.  There seems to be
nothing I can do to get it to stop.  Is this a sign of impending doom?  If not,
I can probably put up with it (although I'd rather not).  Any insight would be
appreciated.

This is my brain.
This is my brain on drugs.
This is my brain reading comp.sys.apple2

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) (11/07/90)

In article <32408@netnews.upenn.edu> tyler@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Tyler W Phillips) writes:

>As of a couple of days ago, my monitor started to flicker.  There seems to be
>nothing I can do to get it to stop.  Is this a sign of impending doom?  If not,
>I can probably put up with it (although I'd rather not).  Any insight would be
>appreciated.

Mine was doing the same thing. It turns out I hadn't re-tightened the screws
on the video cable, and so it was a bit loose (hence a bad signal going in).
I tightened the screws and voila!- no more flickering.
I hope your problem is also this trivial...

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | Blondes in big black cars look better wearing
Senior/Computer Engineering | their dark sunglasses at night. (unk. wierdo)