[comp.sys.apple2] IIgs technical book query...

hzink@alchemy.UUCP (Harry K. Zink) (10/27/90)

As some of you may have heard, some of the guys from FTA have written a french
technical book on the GS explaining how to do *EVERYTHING* on the machine in
low-level form.  The book is called 'Le IIgs epluche', or, loosely translated,
'The Apple IIgs revealed'.

The book is definitely directed towards the *VERY* technical programmers and is
very informative how to do pretty much everything (including drive controls) on
the GS without the 'aid' of the toolbox.

I have a copy of the book in french as well as the rights to the US market for
this book.  I'm still working on the translation and I am looking for any
interested publisher for the book.  I  have tried the classic publishers, like
Addison Wesley, but the only response I have received is that they no longer
consider the Apple IIgs publsihing market a viable market (!).

Well, they may think so, but I believe that a lot of people can benefit from
this book, no matter what apple's plans for the Apple IIgs line are.  If I
should fail to find any publisher for the book, I intend to 'home publsih' it
and sell and print it on an 'on-demand' basis.

My question is mainly how many of you would be interested in this publication
and/or do you have any recommedations for an intersted publisher and how to
contact them.

Please E-mail your replies to me and I will summarize.

Thanks,

Harry K. Zink

 uucp : ucrmath!alchemy!hzink | Achieve True Wealth and Financial Independence!
 INET : hzink@alchemy.uucp    |            Intrigued? - Send E-Mail!
 -----------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Wesley: "Captain, this doesn't look like the holodeck to me."
   Worf: "Ready to cycle airlock, Captain." Picard: "Make it so."

scottr@gnh-applesauce.cts.com (Scott Rothstein) (10/30/90)

I would be interested.....
////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
\  Internet: scottr@applesauce.cts.com   /\   ts'hahl:    /\ 'tis  but /
/  AKA:   Monte                          \/  no retreat   \/ a scratch \
\  America Online: ScottR2               /\  no surrender /\ -- M.P.   /
/----------------------------------------------------------------------\
\  Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,      /
/                                                 -- Edgar Allen Poe   \
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////////////////////////////

kgreen@pro-angmar.UUCP (Kevin Green) (10/30/90)

Harry K Zink:
 One interested user/beginner programmer with delusions of being great someday
here that would buy the translated book in either regular or on-demand form

rlw@ttardis.UUCP (Ron Wilson) (11/06/90)

In article <205@alchemy.UUCP>, hzink@alchemy.UUCP (Harry K. Zink) writes:
>As some of you may have heard, some of the guys from FTA have written a french
>technical book on the GS explaining how to do *EVERYTHING* on the machine in
>low-level form.  The book is called 'Le IIgs epluche', or, loosely translated,
>'The Apple IIgs revealed'.
>
>I have a copy of the book in french as well as the rights to the US market for
>this book.  I'm still working on the translation and I am looking for any
>interested publisher for the book.  I  have tried the classic publishers, like
>Addison Wesley, but the only response I have received is that they no longer
>consider the Apple IIgs publsihing market a viable market (!).

Harry,

I have tried to email you - it all bounces back.

Please email to me.

- Ron

(Sorry to take up bandwidth)

About MS-DOS: "... an OS originally designed for a microprocessor that modern
                kitchen appliances would sneer at...."
                   - Dave Trowbridge, _Computer Technology Review_, Aug 90

                                     iwblsys\
rlw@ttardis	    uunet!rel.mi.org!cfctech!ttardis!rlw
                sharkey.cc.umich.edu/
    rel.mi.org is currently sick - back in 2 weeks.

NOWAKO09@SNYBUFVA.BITNET (APPLE //GS - THE POWER TO BE YOUR BEST) (11/08/90)

        You seem to have built up quite a following here, why not try to
make an limited edition run of the english version (say 500 copies) and
then sell them via mail order (snail mail of course)? I think there are
several companies around the country that produce 'vanity books' that is
when an author wants to push a book real hard he/she will get actual hard
cover books made and send them out or have a number of older books bound
together in a set. You could probably make a nice sum of $$$ on this if you
try....and make a number of us happy who would willingly part with our $$$
for such a book....
                                                - Joe Nowakowski
                                                - NOWAKO09@SNYBUFVA