[comp.sys.apple2] MPW/IIGS cross-development system

freeman@argosy.UUCP (Jay R. Freeman) (11/04/90)

Has anyone any experience with the Apple IIGS cross-development
system, that APDA sells, that runs under MPW?  Anything particularly
good or particularly bad to report?  I have a large Mac application
(an implementation of Scheme), written in MPW C 3.1, that might be
interesting to port; how much trouble am I getting into.  (Don't tell
me I am crazy, I already know that ...)

                                             -- Jay Freeman

	  <canonical disclaimer -- I speak only for myself>

awillis@pro-angmar.UUCP (Albert Willis) (11/08/90)

I've heard only the very best things about the MPW development system. If you
are planning to port something over to the IIgs, this is the best way to do
it.

Some current Apple II programs, such as AppleWorks 3.0, were created under
MPW. So, I would say "go for it!"

Albert Willis
INET:  pro-angmar!awillis@alphalpha.com          | America Online: BCS Al
UUCP:..!uunet!alphalpha!pro-angmar!awillis       | GEnie: A.Willis