[comp.sys.apple2] SHRCONVERT 2.7

unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu (The Unknown User) (11/08/90)

	Apparently there have been newer versions of SHRCONVERT made that
weren't commercial. I just saw SHRCONVERT 2.7 on a BBS, and they said this
was the last version before they go commercial.

	I didn't want to pay about 8 cents a minute for 15 minutes to download
this thing, because that's how long it'd've taken... (And I was already on for
more than 10 mins at that time, and I usually limit my calls "over the hill"
to the Silicon Valley area to once a week and about 10-15 mins)..

here's the description that the uploader wrote:

SHRCONVERT.2.7 This is the last version before they go commercial. Replace your
original with this and rename it SHRCONVERT and launch it with the SHRfinder.
This is wild!

	DAMN, here's what someone said about the "ULTIMA VI GS" that I
(with wild excitement) reported on a while ago:

Ultima VI is a set of GIFS!!  It is an IBM "ZIPPED" archive, and unpacks to a
few gifs from the IBM version of Ultima VI..  Darn the people who uploaded them
without checking them first!

	What a pisser, huh?  WRITE TO ORIGIN REQUESTING ULTIMA VI //e and
IIGS!!! Mail me for more info, as in addresses, etc.. If you're interested
in WRITING Ultima VI //e or IIGS I have info for you too!
--
/Apple II(GS) Forever! unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu MAIL ME FOR INFO ABOUT CHEAP CDs\
\"If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd be on in prime time."-Lisa Simpson/

UD169430@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Mike Aos) (11/09/90)

v2.7 was for AppleFest only and not supposed to be distributed.  It also
doesn't do .GIF files, but it does 3200 color and TIFF files (and prolly more
that I don't use).  Whatever, it shouldn't be available.

Mike
---
Mike Aos       "I own a Harley, not just a T-shirt!"  ['68 Sporty]
East Grand Forks, MN (yeah, it's COLD up here)      Are Amiga's really
(218) 773-9154                  | Woz  |                that bad?
UD182050@NDSUVM1 (.Bitnet?) |  Apple IIgs | "Share and Enjoy"
UD182050@VM1.NoDak.Edu    | (and Sun 2/120) | -Sirius Cybernetics Corporation
 I like to trade.    | 'till I can afford a NeXT |  (reserved for a Mac slam)
       "O captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
        The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won,
        The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting."
                       _O Captain, My Captain_   -Walt Whitman

taob@pnet91.cts.com (Brian Tao) (11/10/90)

>      I didn't want to pay about 8 cents a minute for 15 minutes to download
> this thing, because that's how long it'd've taken... (And I was already on
> for more than 10 mins at that time, and I usually limit my calls "over the
> hill" to the Silicon Valley area to once a week and about 10-15 mins)..

    I think $1.20 is worth getting SHRConvert 2.7!  Or you could spend another
$30-odd bucks for SuperConvert from Seven Hills...

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ | Brian T. Tao           | UUCP: torag!pnet91!taob      |
/                \ | University of Toronto  | INET: taob@pnet91.cts.com    |
\  The Apple II  / | Scarberia, ON          |       taob@pro-micol.cts.com |
\                / |   "Computer guru?  Someone who got their computer a   |
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ |    couple of weeks before you did." (Alvin Toffler)   |