[comp.sys.apple2] Good terminal prog----->Apple ][ +

redoneri@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Richard Earl Doner Ii) (11/10/90)

Help......I would like to have a terminal program for an old Apple ][+

I have Apple Term or something like that, its no good, you cant down
load or upload, please help me if you know of where i can get a public
domain program that will ease my problem and hopefully allow me to get
somemore use from the old machine.  It would be nice if the program also
allowed me to interface with my pc to transfer some old text files easily

As I dont visit here often, please send email to
                       redoneri@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu

thank you...

In article <1990Nov10.001418.5141@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> redoneri@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Richard Earl Doner Ii) writes:
>Help......I would like to have a terminal program for an old Apple ][+
>
>I have Apple Term or something like that, its no good, you cant down
>load or upload, please help me if you know of where i can get a public
>domain program that will ease my problem and hopefully allow me to get
>somemore use from the old machine.  It would be nice if the program also
>allowed me to interface with my pc to transfer some old text files easily

	Well, Ascii Express is the best term program that works on the
II+..

	I think it's ALMOST the best terminal program at all.. ProTERM
is a bit better though in some cases, so if you ever get a //e or better (GS!),
then you can use ProTERM.

--
/Apple II(GS) Forever! unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu MAIL ME FOR INFO ABOUT CHEAP CDs\
\"If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd be on in prime time."-Lisa Simpson/

ronl@pnet91.cts.com (Ron Lewin) (11/12/90)

The best terminal program for the Apple II+, without a doubt, is Modem MGR.
This software supports the most obscure hardware there is, has many terminal
emulations (and does them properly), and supports many protocols, including
ZMODEM.  IF you're interested in how to get it, mail me and I'll send you the
address of MGR Software.

UUCP: bkj386!pnet91!ronl
INET: ronl@pnet91.cts.com