[comp.sys.apple2] There Here... Macs & A+/InCider

heitke@tellabs.com (Steve Heitke) (11/12/90)

Well it's finally happened, the Mac has taken over the pages and even
the cover of A+/InCider magazine.  The editorial article says some-
thing about how the Mac LC with //e emulator board installed has closed
the Mac - Apple II gap.  The article also says something about how
II users should face the fact that the Mac LC is the "natural"
progression for the II line.  I for one am pissed that one of my Apple
II magazines will be "giving" half of it's pages to the Mac.

None of the above statements were quotes from the article... they are
my opinions and impressions of the article and A+/InCider's decision
to abandon the Apple II!

In article <4533@tellab5.tellabs.com> heitke@tellabs.com (Steve Heitke) writes:
>Well it's finally happened, the Mac has taken over the pages and even
>the cover of A+/InCider magazine.  The editorial article says some-
>thing about how the Mac LC with //e emulator board installed has closed
>the Mac - Apple II gap.  The article also says something about how
>II users should face the fact that the Mac LC is the "natural"
>progression for the II line.  I for one am pissed that one of my Apple
>II magazines will be "giving" half of it's pages to the Mac.

	 I recommend that everyone cancel their subscription (IMMEDIATELY)
and send InCider a letter saying WHY you cancelled.

	Then you can subscribe to a good magazine like GS+ or A2Central.

--
/Apple II(GS) Forever! unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu MAIL ME FOR INFO ABOUT CHEAP CDs\
\"If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd be on in prime time."-Lisa Simpson/

alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (Scott Alfter) (11/13/90)

In article <8826@darkstar.ucsc.edu> unknown@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (The Unknown User) writes:

>In article <4533@tellab5.tellabs.com> heitke@tellabs.com (Steve Heitke) writes:
>>Well it's finally happened, the Mac has taken over the pages and even
>>the cover of A+/InCider magazine.  The editorial article says some-
>>thing about how the Mac LC with //e emulator board installed has closed
>>the Mac - Apple II gap.  The article also says something about how
>>II users should face the fact that the Mac LC is the "natural"
>>progression for the II line.  I for one am pissed that one of my Apple
>>II magazines will be "giving" half of it's pages to the Mac.
>
>	 I recommend that everyone cancel their subscription (IMMEDIATELY)
>and send InCider a letter saying WHY you cancelled.

Moments like these make me glad I never had an InCider subscription in
the first place. :-)

>	Then you can subscribe to a good magazine like GS+ or A2Central.

A2-Central's pretty good--a bit too much GS emphasis lately, but
there's plenty of good 8-bit stuff in the back issues.  Nibble's still
a fairly decent magazine for people (like me) who still hack away on
the 8-bit IIs.

Scott Alfter                             _/_
                                        / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/

NOWAKO09@SNYBUFVA.BITNET (APPLE //GS - THE POWER TO BE YOUR BEST) (11/13/90)

        Could someone give me an 800 # or address for this A2-Central
magazine I've been reading about? I've never seen it before and theres some
large freewheeling book stores around Buffalo State that I SHOULD have seen
it in (they carry all the right and left wing rags as well as 2600 and Phrack)
but did not....
                                                - Thanx!
                                                - Joe Nowakowski
                                                - NOWAKO09@SNYBUFVA

In article <061DBEF0E71FE018DD@snybufva.bitnet> NOWAKO09@SNYBUFVA.BITNET (APPLE //GS - THE POWER TO BE YOUR BEST) writes:
>        Could someone give me an 800 # or address for this A2-Central
>magazine I've been reading about? I've never seen it before and theres some

_A2-Central_ doesn't have an 800 number.  Their voice phone # is
(913) 469-6502 (note those last four digits :-) ).  If you have a fax
machine, send it to (913) 469-6507.  They also maintain a continuous
presence on GEnie; mail to A2-CENTRAL, UNCLE-DOS, or DENNIS.DOMS will
get someone's attention.

If you need to send them a check (no plastic?), their address is

P.O. Box 11250
Overland Park, KS  66207

There...that should take care of things.  I've maintained a
subscription for about a year and a half.  They have all sorts of good
stuff.  Also, they like to claim that their newsletter will take the
least amount of shelf space (8 pages per month, plus a catalog and
self-mailer for back issues, selected software, and some other stuff).