[comp.sys.apple2] safe 0-page addresses

ART100@psuvm.psu.edu (Andy Tefft) (11/13/90)

I can never keep track of what 0-page addresses are used by
what program and I need about 7 of them (3 pairs plus one)
that won't be used by applesoft, basic.system, or prodos.
Does anyone have any 0-page maps (with actual meanings
rather than just saying which ones are used)? I only have
monitor locations now.

ericmcg@pnet91.cts.com (Eric Mcgillicuddy) (11/13/90)

>I can never keep track of what 0-page addresses are used by
>what program and I need about 7 of them (3 pairs plus one)
>that won't be used by applesoft, basic.system, or prodos.
>Does anyone have any 0-page maps (with actual meanings
>rather than just saying which ones are used)? I only have
>monitor locations now.

From Inside the Apple //c:
$06, 07,08, 09, 19, 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, 1e, ce, cf, d7, e3, eb, ec, ed, ee ,ef,
fa, fb, fc, fd, fe, ff

These are all available. Of course there may be mage 3 utilities that use some
of these, one knows?

and if you are using HyperC, nothing above $c3 is available.

If you are really worried, just swap the locations as you need them. 7 bytes
is not much space.

UUCP: bkj386!pnet91!ericmcg
INET: ericmcg@pnet91.cts.com

m.tiernan@pro-angmar.UUCP (Michael Tiernan) (11/14/90)

Yes, I'd like to see the same thing.  Maybe upload it someplace?

<< MCT >>

GEnie       : M.Tiernan
AppleLinkPE : M Tiernan or BCS Mike
Internet    : pro-angmar!m.tiernan@alphalpha.com
UUCP        : ...!uunet!alphalpha!pro-angmar!m.tiernan

"God isn't dead, he's only missing in action."
                                             - Phil Ochs