[comp.sys.apple2] Sound JAck Problems.

tower@seas.gwu.edu (Anne E Tower) (11/08/90)

Hi I have a problem I was wondering if anybody out there could help me with.
My sound jack, is loose. Specifically when I place an eith inch adapter in it
to connect it with my stereo it always needs jiggling to work. It is also so
sensitive that if I change disks the sound dies. I am almost certain this is a
loose conection but I don't know how to fix it. I had my machine in to the shop
about four months ago and they said it would require replacining the
motherboard!! (@ a cost of $300) any suggestions would be welcome.

					A friend of A. Tower
					Mark Donelan
                                        WH161c@GWUVM.bitnet

shankar@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Subash Shankar) (11/16/90)

In article <2320@sparko.gwu.edu> tower@seas.gwu.edu () writes:
>Hi I have a problem I was wondering if anybody out there could help me with.
>My sound jack, is loose. Specifically when I place an eith inch adapter in it
>to connect it with my stereo it always needs jiggling to work.

I have had the identical problem, and I recall seeing a Usenet post about a
year back in which somebody else had the same problem.  So it sounds like
either a design flaw, or some peculiarity in the use of the GS sound jack.  Has
anybody used it successfully?

>I had my machine in to the shop
>about four months ago and they said it would require replacining the
>motherboard!! (@ a cost of $300) any suggestions would be welcome.

Tell 'em to stuff it.

---
Subash Shankar             Honeywell Systems & Research Center MN65-2100
voice: (612) 782 7558      US Snail: 3660 Technology Dr., Minneapolis, MN 55418
shankar@src.honeywell.com  srcsip!shankar