[comp.sys.apple2] System 5.0.3

lhaider@pro-grouch.cts.com (Laer Haider) (11/16/90)

Has anyone been to an Apple dealer to try and get System 5.0.3?  Seems all of
them in San Diego don't know what it is.  They all tell me "That's a REAL old
version of the Mac System Software."  Makes me laugh at their stupidity, but
gets me REAL mad at them too.

I'm sure many of us have been experiencing similar problems.  How am I
supposed to get this update?
                                                                      /
                                                       \             / /
______________________________________________________  \\\' ,      / //
            ProLine:   pro-grouch!lhaider                \\\//,   _/ //,
               INET:   lhaider@pro-grouch.cts.com         \_-//' /  //<,
    /\\        UUCP:   crash!pro-grouch!lhaider             \ ///  <//`
   //\\\       UUCP:   crash!pro-grouch!lhaider@nosc.mil     /  >>  \\\`__/_
  ///\\\\                                                   /,)-^>> _\` \\\
 ////\\\\\     The opinions expressed here belong to        (/   \\ //\\
// IIgs \\\    no entity(s), living or dead!                    // _//\\\\
------------------------------------------------------        ((` ((

gwyn@smoke.brl.mil (Doug Gwyn) (11/17/90)

In article <7099.apple.net2@pro-grouch> lhaider@pro-grouch.cts.com (Laer Haider) writes:
>I'm sure many of us have been experiencing similar problems.  How am I
>supposed to get this update?

If your Apple dealer really will not help you, report them to the address
that was posted here some time ago (Apple regional office, in your case
probably Cupertino).

You can also obtain IIGS System Disk 5.0.3 by downloading it from AOL,
Genie, or probably CIS, but be warned that it takes hours.

jamesp@pro-sol.cts.com (James Pangrazzi) (11/20/90)

You can pick up System disk and system tools at an apple user group if you
belong to any of them, and that's Version 5.03. Yes I did call the Apple
dealers Just to see what they would say, but I was smart and told them it was
for the GS. They all said they didn't have it. Computerland told me to contact
Roger coats, I laughed.

daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com (Dave Harvey) (11/22/90)

Most Apple user groups should by now have the new version, we do here.  It's
also available for downloading from America Online and GEnie, I think.  I'd
check with your local Apple User Group and get it from them.

proline: pro-novapple!daveharv                    |
uucp: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv          |   Pro-novapple BBS
arpa: crash!pnet01!pro-novapple!daveharv@nosc.mil |  300/1200/2400/9600 Baud
Internet: daveharv@pro-novapple.cts.com           |    703-671-0416

Northern Virginia Apple Users Group               |
P.O. Box 8211, Falls Church, VA 22041             |