[comp.sys.apple2] uudecode for Apple //

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (11/15/90)

Request:

Is there a uudecode utility for the Apple // series available
anywhere? If so, where?

I have tried to FTP some of the locations (tybalt, apple.com)
and get an ftp timeout. I have also tried to search
comp.binaries.apple2 but only have the most recent 17 posts
at my site.

Thank you for your help.

--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer
               AOL: Gargoth / BIX: Keving / Pro-line: kgreen@pro-angmar

avery@netcom.UUCP (Avery Colter) (11/22/90)

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) writes:

>Request:

>Is there a uudecode utility for the Apple // series available
>anywhere? If so, where?

I'll post a source given in UNIX COMMUNICATIONS for a shell program
in C to uudecode. Some alterations for standalone will have to be done.

ORCA/C can almost certainly handle it. I don't know about Hyper C.

--
Avery Ray Colter    {apple|claris}!netcom!avery  {decwrl|mips|sgi}!btr!elfcat
(415) 839-4567   "I feel love has got to come on and I want it:

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (11/23/90)

Thanks Avery, but a few days after I posted my request
I found an FTP site (f.ms.uky.edu) that has both
uuencode & uudecode as shell utilities.

Again, many thanks for taking the time to respond.