[comp.sys.apple2] PhotonixII

In article <5354@crash.cts.com> jimmy@pro-ldm.cts.com (Jimmy Johnson) writes:
>  Does the new Photonix II work with the ROM Ver. 3 IIgs? The last one didn't.

	Huh, what?!

	Photonix II? Could someone put this on an FTP site (and tell me and
everyone else which FTP site it's on!) or put it on comp.binaries.apple2?

	Is it faster than Photonix I, or what's the difference?

--
/Apple II(GS) Forever! unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu MAIL ME FOR INFO ABOUT CHEAP CDs\
\"If cartoons were meant for adults, they'd be on in prime time."-Lisa Simpson/

WKF2298@RITVAX.ISC.RIT.EDU (Wonko the Sane) (11/14/90)

	Are mail had been down for awhile and somehow I missed the details of
the conversation. . . can someone tell me about Photonix II.
	I know, I've already been jumped on for asking where to get it because
I didn't know that it wasn't public domain!  Sorry!  When can I get it?  And
what does it do!
	FTA is incredible and I'm sure that this must be unbelievable.

						William K. Fry
						wkf2298@ritvax

mock@iris.ucdavis.edu (Kenrick J. Mock) (11/15/90)

Re: Photonix II

For those wondering about Photonix II, it is basically the same as
the first Photonix.  The major difference is that you can run it
off a hard drive (i.e. it is a standard prodos8 file).

It has a new title page and a few new graphics, and an extra option
menu to choose from.  Aside from these small changes, it is generally
the same thing.  Still copies nice and fast!

I think it's up on tybalt.caltech.edu.

Ken

ez001507@pollux.ucdavis.edu             "Finally in the 5th year of my 5 year
mock@alderon.lanl.gov                    plan at U.C. Davis...."

zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Sameer Parekh) (11/18/90)

	Does someone want to put up Photonix II on comp.binaries.apple2
for us uncivilized nonFTP'ers?

--
zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM

$CSD211@LSUVM.BITNET (Mark Orr) (11/19/90)

>        Does someone want to put up Photonix II on comp.binaries.apple2
>for us uncivilized nonFTP'ers?
>
>--
>zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM

Photonix II is not public domain. It's for sale from the FTA...
Come on, BUY IT!!!!  Show some support for people who help the Apple II.
(Besides, It's damn neat)

------------------------------
! Mark Orr                   !
! $CSD211@LSUVM.SNCC.LSU.EDU !
!        @LSUVM.BITNET       !
------------------------------

bh@eng.auburn.edu (Brian Hartsfield) (11/19/90)

How much does Photonix II cost and where can you buy it from?

bh1e+@andrew.cmu.edu (Brendan Gallagher Hoar) (11/21/90)

Photonix is for sale from the FTA?

Do you have an advertisement (text) or an address and amt?

Brendan G. Hoar
bh1e+@andrew.cmu.edu
Carnegie Mellon, Inc.

$CSD211@LSUVM.BITNET (Mark Orr) (11/21/90)

Someone mailed me last night (but I discarded the mail notebook file)
about where to get Photonix II. H. Grant Delaney said it's available on
Genie to download; but, of course, not that many people I know use Genie.

The address for FTA is:

      Free Tools Association
      34 Rue des Rotondes
      21000 Dijon, France

Since it is shareware, I would also suspect that a PD/Shareware supplier
such as Big Red Computer Club, or P.D.E (Public Domain Exchange), which
advertize in every inCider, would also have it.

------------------------------
! Mark Orr                   !
! $CSD211@LSUVM.SNCC.LSU.EDU !
!        @LSUVM.BITNET       !
------------------------------

6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Parik Rao) (11/22/90)

 Photonix II is NOT shareware.  Its sort of like
distributing Rastan, and saying... "well, if you
like it - go ahead and pay Taito!"
[footnote...Rastan is no longer being sold.  Taito
discontinued their computer products]

You should also send it to "TOOLBOX", not Free
Tools Assocation (they are the publishers).  The
address is the same as the one Mark Orr posted.

sysadmin@pnet91.cts.com (Matthew Montano) (11/25/90)

> [footnote...Rastan is no longer being sold.  Taito discontinued their
> computer products].

How true.... But, there are a large quantity of Rastans that have been
packaged and are sitting in a warehouse in Burnaby, BC. We have recieved
dealer pricing for these units. Time to bounce this off the net:

If we sold Rastan GS, QIX GS, and Arkanoid IIgs for $15US including shipping
each.. would people consider purchasing it? I can get these, and if warrant
demands, ship these products at these prices.

Those that would be interested, mail me:

mmontano@pnet91.cts.com

Matthew
---
Email: sysadmin@pnet91.cts.com (most mailers won't barf on that..)
My comments aren't even worth a disclaimer...
pnet91 - 416-237-{1204|0308}. 2400bps only. 1200bps if you do hard breaks.

greg@hoss.unl.edu (Hammer T. H.) (11/25/90)

In <7339@hub.ucsb.edu> 6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Parik Rao) writes:

> Photonix II is NOT shareware.

I think that either someone mistook the original Photonix as Photonix II
on GEnie, or someone is going to get in big trouble for uploading Photonix
II to GEnie.

--
     \ \_\ \__   __/ /_/ /    "I'm working the Eight Minus Zero Shift..."