[comp.sys.apple2] Ultramacros and the mouse

robert-s@cs.aukuni.ac.nz (Robert Sheehan ) (11/25/90)

I have been using Ultramacros 3.1 with AppleWorks 3.0 for almost a year now.
When I purchased Ultramacros (one of Beagle Bros TimeOut utilities) one of the
capabilities was supposed to be mouse control of the cursor.

It doesn't work on my setup.  I have a IIc with a Z-Ram Ultra II board of 1 meg
and an 8 MHz ZipChip.  I have written to Beagle Bros a few times and have
always had a nice reply (unlike most firms) however the nice reply always says
they are still working on it.

Does anyone have any information about this, better yet a solution.  At the
moment as soon as I enable the mouse and move it I jump into the monitor.

Robert.

warren.e@pro-beagle.cts.com (Warren Ernst) (11/26/90)

The 8 bit Apple and the UltraMacros Mouse driver have been at odds for some
time now, but that isn't the whole story, actually. The problem only happens
on a Minority of Apple //c's, c+'s, and even a minory of //e mousecards!
Weirdness....

Anyway, when I was gone for the summer, nobody bothered to tell me that the
problem couldn't be reproduced in San Diego or by Randy Brandt. Of course, MY
//e had the problem, and a couple of weeks ago my mouse card was shipped to
Randy, and supposedly HE's hacking away at the problem...

Incidently, the Mousecard we had lying around the office works just fine
plugged into my //e at home (where the problem was) with UM 3.1, so we now are
obviously on the right track. Look for an update soon ( Jan?).

-Warren Ernst
Beagle Bros Techie

Warren.e@pro-bealge,       Genie,        or a theater near you.

Opinions expressed by me aren't normally those of Beagle Bros, but they are in
this case. Great.