[comp.sys.apple2] HyperC P code

ST6934@SIUCVMB.BITNET (11/29/90)

Since HyperC generates and compiles P code, can Apple Pascal P code be
ported to HyperC to take advantage of the ProDOS interface?  I think
I'll test this hypothesis this weekend.  Any comments?
Andy Werner

BRL102@psuvm.psu.edu (Ben Liblit) (11/30/90)

In article <9011291106.AA01837@apple.com>, ST6934@SIUCVMB.BITNET says:

>Since HyperC generates and compiles P code, can Apple Pascal P code be
>ported to HyperC to take advantage of the ProDOS interface?

I can see no reason to believe that Apple (UCSD) Pascal P-code has the remotest
relationship tp HyperC P-code.  Try porting, if you r-e-a-l-l-y want to, but I
can almost guarantee that HyperC will either refuse to execute it, or else just
bomb outright.

                            Ben Liblit
                            BRL102 @ psuvm.bitnet -- BRL102 @ psuvm.psu.edu
                            "Fais que tes reves soient plus longs que la nuit."

In article <90333.154632BRL102@psuvm.psu.edu> BRL102@psuvm.psu.edu (Ben Liblit) writes:
>I can see no reason to believe that Apple (UCSD) Pascal P-code has the remotest
>relationship tp HyperC P-code.  Try porting, if you r-e-a-l-l-y want to, but I
>can almost guarantee that HyperC will either refuse to execute it, or else just
>bomb outright.

	I thought P code was P code, no matter what language made it..
I thought that was one of the REASONS for having P code so different
languages and different computers could use the same output P code..

	Sort of like how C is C (don't get into ANSI/non ANSI with me!)

--
/Apple II(GS) Forever! unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu MAIL ME FOR INFO ABOUT CHEAP CDs\
|WRITE TO ORIGIN ABOUT ULTIMA VI //e and IIGS! Mail me for addresses, & info. |