[comp.sys.apple2] Apple II's and typewriters

davidbrierley@lynx.northeastern.edu (11/29/90)

     I know Brother makes typewriters that can be interfaced with Apple II's.
I have the Brother Compactronic 60 (or something like that) and it does
have an interface port.  I was thinking about ordering the interface box from
Brother, but it cost more than the printer I got.  That was a few years ago,
so perhaps the prices have come down.

  David R. Brierley
  davidbrierley@lynx.northeastern.edu

tim.c@pro-freedom.cts.com (Tim Craven) (11/30/90)

I brought a Smith Corona typewriter with a port to contact to a printer.
Someone recently asked about using this type of typewriter as a printer for
his Apple II.   I have not used it as such, but the manual lists an accessory
cable to buy that is suppose to allow it to be connected to a Apple II.
The cost was about $100 which made it seem not cost effective and I think it
prints very slow.  If anyone is interested in this,  Email your questions and
I will look up the infmation in my manual.

Tim