[comp.sys.apple2] battery replacement for IIgs

tim.c@pro-freedom.cts.com (Tim Craven) (11/28/90)

There is company that sell a replacement battery for the IIgs.
"Slide-On Battery Replacement Kit.
You have to cut out the old battery because it is soldered in.
I brouhgt one , but I haven't needed to use it yet.
My battery is orginal from 9/87.

Company:
Nite Owl Productions
5734 Lamar St.
Mission, Ks 66202
Price: 14:95 plus $2 for shipping etc
See ad in Incider 12/90 in Classified.

Much cheaper than having a dealer replace the battery, from what I have been
told.

Tim

lhaider@pro-grouch.cts.com (Laer Haider) (12/01/90)

>There is company that sell a replacement battery for the IIgs.
>"Slide-On Battery Replacement Kit.
>You have to cut out the old battery because it is soldered in.
>I brouhgt one , but I haven't needed to use it yet.
>My battery is orginal from 9/87.
>
>Company:
>Nite Owl Productions
>5734 Lamar St.
>Mission, Ks 66202
>Price: 14:95 plus $2 for shipping etc
>See ad in Incider 12/90 in Classified.
>
>Much cheaper than having a dealer replace the battery, from what I have been
>told.
>
>Tim

I just went to Radio Shack and got one of their battery holders that holds 2
"AA" batteries for about a buck.  Stuck aligator clips on the wires, popped in
2 non-alkaline "AA" batteries and clipped them to the leads where I clipped
off the old battery.  Total cost was under $3 and it's been working like a
charm for about a year and a half.

The battery in the IIgs is a 3.6V lithium cell.  My setup is a 3.0V dry cell.
The IIgs doesn't complain.  :)
                                                                      /
            ProLine:   pro-grouch!lhaider                \\\//,   _/ //,
               INET:   lhaider@pro-grouch.cts.com         \_-//' /  //<,
    /\\        UUCP:   crash!pro-grouch!lhaider             \ ///  <//`
   //\\\       UUCP:   crash!pro-grouch!lhaider@nosc.mil     /  >>  \\\`__/_
 ////\\\\\     The opinions expressed here belong to        (/   \\ //\\
// IIgs \\\    no entity(s), living or dead!                    // _//\\\\