[comp.sys.apple2] uuencode on comp.binaries.apple2

aa404@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Chris Roberts) (11/27/90)

I got the compiled version of uuencode from comp.binaries.apple2 and I can't
seem to get it to work.  It's doing strange things,

for example.  When you type the "root" (I think that's what it says)
It says that the file already exists when it doesn't, and it runs normally when
the file already exists.

Also, it creates bad files of one block in size.  They look like text files, but
have bad perameters.

One last thing.  It gives a very quick (less than 1/2 a second) error message
and exits.

Is anyone else having trouble with the program, or am I doing something wrong?

	Chris

--
Apple II forever!				Chris Roberts
Channel 4 WCFT-TV				Apple II SIG Sysop

bill@pro-gateway.cts.com (Bill Long, SysOp) (11/28/90)

>I got the compiled version of uuencode from comp.binaries.apple2 and I can't
>seem to get it to work.  It's doing strange things,
>Is anyone else having trouble with the program, or am I doing something
>wrong?

I couldn't even get it un-binscii'd...binscii told me there was a CRC
error... but, I went ahead and tried to unpack it with GS Shrinkit... which
also told me there was a CRC error. So, I went ahead and tried to execute
it... and the system crashed into the monitor.

| ProLine: bill@pro-gateway
|Internet: bill@pro-gateway.cts.com
|    UUCP: crash!pro-gateway!bill
|    ARPA: crash!pro-gateway!bill@nosc.mil
|  BITNET: bill%pro-gateway.cts.com@nosc.mil
+----------"Maturity is overrated" - Garfield-------->Pro-Gateway 214/644-5113

avery@netcom.UUCP (Avery Colter) (12/02/90)

Uh boy, let me go into my source and see what went wrong.

Sounds like Binscii screwed for a couple people.

Hmmmmm.

--
Avery Ray Colter    {apple|claris}!netcom!avery  {decwrl|mips|sgi}!btr!elfcat
(415) 839-4567   "I feel love has got to come on and I want it: