[comp.sys.apple2] Rush Limbaugh on Apple Computer

ART100@psuvm.psu.edu (Andy Tefft) (11/29/90)

Rush Limbaugh is a radio talk-show host. His show can be heard
live on stations all over the U.S. plus Guam. Supposedly this
show is the most listened-to talk show in the U.S.

Today Rush commented a bit on Apple Computer, Inc. Supposedly
the Mac Classic is doing quite well, and stores are getting upset
because Apple is not supplying Mac Classics as quickly as they
can sell them.

This caused Rush to comment that Apple Computer is, in effect,
money-grubbing scum (to steal a phrase from David Letterman).
He suggests that Apple has always gone for high profit margins
rather than a broad base and lower margins, which is very
believable to me.

At any rate, I'm not posting this to complain about Apple
or to start another flame war. I am posting this to let everyone
know that they can get in touch with Rush and complain about
Apple Computer (whatever grievances they have) on a national
radio broadcast.

Calls are taken from noon-3pm eastern, while the show is broadcast
live. It may be tape delayed in other areas. The phone number
is 1-800-282-2882.

I don't have an address to write to, but I do have Rush's e-mail
address. He is 70277,2502 on compuserve. For those of us not on
Compuserve, you can reach him at 70277.2502@compuserve.com.
He gets about 100 letters a day on there, but he does read them
all (prints them out) and uses some of them on the air.

Here is your chance to get your greivances aired through
someone who is somewhat informed and part of the national
media.

MQUINN%UTCVM@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (11/29/90)

On Wed, 28 Nov 90 19:20:04 GMT Andy Tefft said:
>Rush Limbaugh is a radio talk-show host. His show can be heard
>live on stations all over the U.S. plus Guam. Supposedly this
>show is the most listened-to talk show in the U.S.
>
>is 1-800-282-2882.
>
>I don't have an address to write to, but I do have Rush's e-mail
>address. He is 70277,2502 on compuserve. For those of us not on
>Compuserve, you can reach him at 70277.2502@compuserve.com.
>He gets about 100 letters a day on there, but he does read them
>all (prints them out) and uses some of them on the air.

This guy WILL read your mail on National Radio.  He has more listeners than
Larry King!  I mailed him once a while ago and he mentioned my letter (said
he accidentally threw it away, yeah right!).  Anyway, if he gets enough
messages about this, he'll definitely read them. (enough being about 2).

  Michael J. Quinn
  University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
  BITNET--   mquinn@utcvm
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

avery@netcom.UUCP (Avery Colter) (12/02/90)

ART100@psuvm.psu.edu (Andy Tefft) writes:

>This caused Rush to comment that Apple Computer is, in effect,
>money-grubbing scum (to steal a phrase from David Letterman).
>He suggests that Apple has always gone for high profit margins
>rather than a broad base and lower margins, which is very
>believable to me.

Well, I'm sure that Apple's "liberal image" has had Mr. Limbaugh
looking for any excuse to trash them. I'm not too happy about Apple
and their actions right now, but I think it funny more than anything else
that they're supply is not meeting the demand. And after spending all
those bucks advertising. Gee....

Be advised people, Rush Limbaugh is a strange bedfellow at best. He
takes great joy in lumping alternative energy advocates in the same
category as Earth First!, and he seems to have a personal vendetta
against the president of the National Organization for Women.

--
Avery Ray Colter    {apple|claris}!netcom!avery  {decwrl|mips|sgi}!btr!elfcat
(415) 839-4567   "I feel love has got to come on and I want it:

MQUINN%UTCVM@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (12/02/90)

On Sat, 1 Dec 90 23:22:26 GMT Avery Colter said:
>ART100@psuvm.psu.edu (Andy Tefft) writes:
>
>Well, I'm sure that Apple's "liberal image" has had Mr. Limbaugh
>looking for any excuse to trash them. I'm not too happy about Apple
>and their actions right now, but I think it funny more than anything else
>that they're supply is not meeting the demand. And after spending all
>those bucks advertising. Gee....

Well, actually, he wasn't trashing them.  He was just stating that they have
always tried to get high profit margins and now that they have finally
introduced an affordable computer, they can't keep'em on the shelves.  He
even mentioned that they should advertise on his show to reach more of their
target audience.  (BTW, he's an 'Apple person' and he owns a souped up IIfx.)

>Be advised people, Rush Limbaugh is a strange bedfellow at best. He
>takes great joy in lumping alternative energy advocates in the same
>category as Earth First!, and he seems to have a personal vendetta

This is true.

>against the president of the National Organization for Women.

I don't know if I'd call it 'personal' against Molly, but he certainly
doesn't think highly of her.  It's mainly the 'phemonotzies' that he doesn't
like.  The type of women that get mad at you for opening a door for them
>--
>Avery Ray Colter    {apple|claris}!netcom!avery  {decwrl|mips|sgi}!btr!elfcat
>(415) 839-4567   "I feel love has got to come on and I want it:
>                  Something big and lovely!"         - The B-52s, "Channel Z"

  Michael J. Quinn
  University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
  BITNET--   mquinn@utcvm
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

MQUINN%UTCVM@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (12/02/90)

  Michael J. Quinn
  University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
  BITNET--   mquinn@utcvm
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

MQUINN%UTCVM@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (12/02/90)

WHOOPS!  I hit the SEND key on my last message by mistake when I was trying
to add a few more lines.  I was talking about Rush Limbaughs view on the NOW
and without my finishing, it made it look like I was defending him and that
I was against them too.

I know this doesn't have much (or anything) to do with Apple II's, but I'm
going to try to prevent my mailbox from getting filled with letters in
retalliation thinking that I'm against NOW.  I'm not for OR against the NOW.
So, please, don't fill my mailbox with hate mail.  I was just clarifying
what Rush says he thinks (or my interpretation of it), whether or not he's
right.

  Michael J. Quinn
  University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
  BITNET--   mquinn@utcvm
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

NOWAKO09@SNYBUFVA.BITNET (APPLE //GS - THE POWER TO BE YOUR BEST) (12/03/90)

        WHAT! I am an alternate energy advocate and I also burn each and
every piece of  junk mail I get from Greenpeace! So how am I connected to
a terrorist organization like Earth First! ?
        Anyway, since you can now buy entire //e cpu's for about 100$ used
(at the local used computer store here in Western New York) is there anyway
to connect a couple of them up in parralel (sp?) and have a parrallel
processing behometh based on the 6502? And speaking of alternate energy...is
there any software out there for the //series for controlling servomotors? I
was thinking that one way to increase the efficeincy of Solar Panels would
be to connect them to a servomechinism that makes them constantly face the
sun, and what better way to control a number of solar panels than a good old
hearty //e?

Whats the difference between a terrorist and an environmentalist?
You can reason with a terrorist.