Date: 28 Nov 90 04:07:00 EDT
From: "JS::JS::MRGATE::"A1::POSTMASTER""
<postmaster"%js.js.mrgate."a1.decnet@gw
1.hanscom.af.mil>
Subject: Delivery Failure Report
To: "hub.ucsb.edu!ucsbuxa!6600prao"
<hub.ucsb.edu!ucsbuxa!6600prao@ucsd.edu>

From:   NAME: Mail Postmaster
        FUNC:
        TEL:
<POSTMASTER AT A1 AT JS>
To:
WINS%"<HUB.UCSB.EDU!UCSBUXA!6600PRAO@UCSD.EDU>"@SI05@MRGATE

    ALL-IN-1 was unable to deliver your message
dated                     to
      GRANNISLL                      - no such
ALL-IN-1 account

    on node JS01

    The subject of the message was :
      Re: Zip Chip GSX

| Parik Rao, Univ. of California Santa Barbara... 6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu  |
|_America Online:AFA Parik_______________________________________GEnie:P.RAO_|

MQUINN%UTCVM@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (11/29/90)

On Wed, 28 Nov 90 16:59:30 GMT Parik Rao said:
> Some link is thrashed, I keep getting this @#$
>message everytime i post in comp.sys.apple2... is it
>just me?

There's was probably a person that was a member of this newsgroup that just
recently lost their account on his/her school or business mainframe.  Every
time you send a message to the net, the net sends it to everyone it has
a list of.  This person was probably one of them.  When the message is sent
to that 'non existent' person, the mail system for that place sends your mail
back to you telling you what the problem was, think you were mailing DIRECTLY
to that person.

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago from a different place.  I received
about 20 messages from some mailer.  Each message had a FIVE PAGE HEADER,
PLUS my original message!  I mailed the postmaster at that location telling
them the problem and asking them if they oculd fix it.  They wrote back
saying that if it persists, they'll delete that persons account.
This particular person wasn't 'unfinedable', but their mail box was full.

Sorry, but I haven't received the messages you've been getting lately
(Not to say I won't) :)

>--
>|                                                                            |
>| Parik Rao, Univ. of California Santa Barbara... 6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu  |
>|_America Online:AFA Parik_______________________________________GEnie:P.RAO_|

  Michael J. Quinn
  University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
  BITNET--   mquinn@utcvm
  pro-line-- mquinn@pro-gsplus.cts.com

alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (11/30/90)

In article <7449@hub.ucsb.edu> 6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Parik Rao) writes:
> Some link is thrashed, I keep getting this @#$
>message everytime i post in comp.sys.apple2... is it
>just me?
[sample junk message deleted]

No, I've been getting the same stuff; it's even shown up in
comp.sys.apple2 itself, as if mail wasn't bad enough. :-(

zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Sameer Parekh) (12/03/90)

In article <7449@hub.ucsb.edu> 6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Parik Rao) writes:

> Some link is thrashed, I keep getting this @#$
>message everytime i post in comp.sys.apple2... is it
>just me?
	I have been getting the same message.  Same undeliverable address
too.  I think this guy was on a mailing list yet the address is now
bad, so we are getting messages. . (I am not a UseNet wizard, these
are just hypothoses.)

--
zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM