[comp.sys.apple2] Taito Disontinues Rastan?

macausla@newton.ccs.tuns.ca (Robert MacAusland) (11/23/90)

Parik Rao said...
>[footnote...Rastan is no longer being sold.  Taito
>discontinued their computer products]

Uh, oh... I'm going to have to order my copy quick... :-)
Did Taito give up on just the GS (probably) or are other
computers affected by this decision as well?

--
/* Robert MacAusland -> macausla@newton.ccs.tuns.ca */

lang@rex.cs.tulane.edu (Raymond Lang) (11/25/90)

In <90Nov22.181747est.57445@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca> macausla@newton.ccs.tuns.ca (Robert MacAusland) writes:

>Parik Rao said...
>>[footnote...Rastan is no longer being sold.  Taito
>>discontinued their computer products]

>Uh, oh... I'm going to have to order my copy quick... :-)
>Did Taito give up on just the GS (probably) or are other
>computers affected by this decision as well?

I tried to order Rastan from Programs Plus about two weeks ago and the
sales person said she thought that Taito was going out of business. They
were out of stock on Rastan and did not expect to get any more.

Ray
lang@rex.cs.tulane.edu

6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Parik Rao) (11/25/90)

 Taito has sold all their computer products to a
yet-unnamed buyer.  Details will be forthcoming.
Taito is producing a few "extra" copies of Rastan
(GS, IBM, etc) so its wise to pick up a copy NOW.
Don't quote me on it, but I sincerely doubt the new
company has any interest in the IIgs at all.  :(

Its likely Puzznik GS has also been cancelled, which
is too bad.  I wonder why Ryan & Lund will do now.
work for aim?  :)

sysadmin@pnet91.cts.com (Matthew Montano) (11/26/90)

6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Parik Rao) writes:

> Taito has sold all their computer products to a
>yet-unnamed buyer.  Details will be forthcoming.
>Taito is producing a few "extra" copies of Rastan
>(GS, IBM, etc) so its wise to pick up a copy NOW.
>Don't quote me on it, but I sincerely doubt the new
>company has any interest in the IIgs at all.  :(
>
>Its likely Puzznik GS has also been cancelled, which
>is too bad.  I wonder why Ryan & Lund will do now.
>work for aim?  :)

Nope..

Taito has NOT sold their remaining Apple II software stock. I have a fax here
from Nancy (or was it Sandy) from Taito with the dealer cost prices and
quantities for the remaining Taito software for the Apple II. This was last
Thursday (it's Sunday now). There is a chance we will be purchasing the
software and selling it off at next to nothing. (see post earlier).

Programs Plus and other mail order places are sold out of the Rastan, Ark I,
Ark II, QIX GS for a while, or so I'm told. It's all sitting in a warehouse in
British Columbia.

---
Email: sysadmin@pnet91.cts.com (most mailers won't barf on that..)
My comments aren't even worth a disclaimer...
pnet91 - 416-237-{1204|0308}. 2400bps only. 1200bps if you do hard breaks.

tg.exc@pro-harvest.cts.com (Terry Guelfo) (11/30/90)

>Did taito give up on just the GS....?

No, all personal computers were hit.  Taito is now concentrating on the
cartridge game market... stuff for Nintendo, etc.  I suppose they figure they
can't lose money there.. those things are extremely hard to pirate.. if it
can be done at all.

Internet: tg.exc@pro-harvest.cts.com        |ProLine: tg.exc@pro-harvest
ARPA: crash!pro-harvest!tg.exc@nosc.mil     |UUCP: crash!pro-harvest!tg.exc
BITNET: tg.exc%pro-harvest.cts.com@nosc.mil |Knights of the Plex: Reardon

"Hey Horace, there's more drek goin' on out there than you can dig even when
you're hotwired.  Y'catch?"
             -- From the hit simsense, _Hamlet 2050_, Elan Vital Productions.

zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Sameer Parekh) (12/03/90)

In article <5977@crash.cts.com> tg.exc@pro-harvest.cts.com (Terry Guelfo) writes:

>>Did taito give up on just the GS....?
>
>No, all personal computers were hit.  Taito is now concentrating on the
>cartridge game market... stuff for Nintendo, etc.  I suppose they figure they
>can't lose money there.. those things are extremely hard to pirate.. if it
>can be done at all.

	I had a friend who said he got into a Software City dialup and
was able to download Nintendo games.  Then some guy he knew had this thing
that made cartridges from the downloaded file.  This friend claimed that he
didn't know about the machine that the guy had, so sent it to the guy, and was
confused about why the guy wanted it.  He later said that he felt used.
	(Maybe this should go in alt.folklore.computers)

--
zane@ddsw1.MCS.COM