[comp.sys.apple2] VT-100

penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com (Mark Steiger) (12/03/90)

I'm using ProTerm 2.2 and trying to communicate with a VT-100 vax.  It says in
the lower right corner of the screen "Holding" and "More...".  What comand keys
do I hvae to use to get it to "Unhold" and finish sending the info to my
computer??  I know on a computer I played with there at the Univ. it was a key
marked "clear".  "Clear" on the GS keyboard don't work. :)

Mark

[ Mark Steiger, Sysop, The Igloo 218/262-3142  300/1200/2400/9600 (HST/Dual)]

ProLine.:penguin@gnh-igloo                          America Online: Goalie5
UUCP....:crash!gnh-igloo!penguin                    MCI Mail......: MSteiger
Internet:penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com
ARPA....:crash!gnh-igloo!penguin@nosc.mil

alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (12/04/90)

In article <m0ig9Oh-0000DLC@jartel.info.com> penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com (Mark Steiger) writes:
>I'm using ProTerm 2.2 and trying to communicate with a VT-100 vax.  It says in
>the lower right corner of the screen "Holding" and "More...".  What comand keys
>do I hvae to use to get it to "Unhold" and finish sending the info to my
>computer??  I know on a computer I played with there at the Univ. it was a key
>marked "clear".  "Clear" on the GS keyboard don't work. :)

You sure you're talking to a VAX?  The messages you describe sound a
lot like IBM VM/CMS.  Try Control-Z to get things going again.

Scott Alfter                             _/_
                                        / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (12/04/90)

In article <m0ig9Oh-0000DLC@jartel.info.com> penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com (Mark Steiger) writes:
>I'm using ProTerm 2.2 and trying to communicate with a VT-100 vax.

Mark,
 Forget the ProTerm emulation and go to SnowTerm (available via America Online)
It is much better (using the SHR screen to implement a VT100 screen that
includes real bold & underline characters,etc. It is shareware and well worth
it. (Even comes with a bound softcover manual).

End /plug/shameless

--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer
Party naked... /AOL: Gargoth / BIX: Keving / Pro-line: kgreen@pro-angmar

scotth@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Scott Henderson) (12/04/90)

In article <2408@unsvax.NEVADA.EDU> alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) writes:
>In article <m0ig9Oh-0000DLC@jartel.info.com> penguin@gnh-igloo.cts.com (Mark Steiger) writes:
>>I'm using ProTerm 2.2 and trying to communicate with a VT-100 vax.  It says in
>>the lower right corner of the screen "Holding" and "More...".  What comand keys
>>do I hvae to use to get it to "Unhold" and finish sending the info to my
>>computer??  I know on a computer I played with there at the Univ. it was a key
>>marked "clear".  "Clear" on the GS keyboard don't work. :)
>
>You sure you're talking to a VAX?  The messages you describe sound a
>lot like IBM VM/CMS.  Try Control-Z to get things going again.

>Scott Alfter                             _/_
>                                        / v \ Apple II:
>Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
>   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/

Actually, try holding down the escape and period (".") key at the same time.
That usually works for me when I use the yucky VM/CMS system.

=  R. Scott Henderson                  =  "Some people claim that there's a  =
=  University of Illinois              =   woman to blame, but I know it's   =
=				       =   my own damned fault."	     =

PYC121@URIACC.URI.EDU (Andy Kress) (12/05/90)

       Control-y clears the screen on our system.  Give that a try.

                                       Andy Kress
                                       PYC121 at URIACC

             Apple II:  The power to take over the world!