[comp.sys.apple2] Recap on KIDS.91

noahm@pro-freedom.cts.com (Noah Magram) (12/07/90)

>From pro-harvest!pro-apa!janec Fri Dec  7 02:35:59 1990
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 90 20:22:00 PDT
Ppath: pro-freedom!noahm
From: janec@pro-apa.cts.com (Jane Craford)
To: noahm@pro-freedom
Subject: Kids-91 Recap

THE LETTER FROM ODD:
Subject: kids-91

Let me briefly recap:

I'm coordinating a project called KIDS-91. The objective is
to get as many kids as possible in the age group 10 -15
to participate in a global dialog from now and until May 12
1991. Part of it will be electronic - for those who have
access to this technology - part of it will be by mail or in
other forms.

We want to collect the childrens' responses to these four
questions:

1) Who am I?
2) What do I want to be when I grow up?
3) How do I want the world to be better when I grow up?
4) What can I do NOW to help this come true?

We also want them to draw an image of themselves in their future role/world.

The responses will be turned into an exhibition that will
be sent back to the kids of the world.

   I can send you/them the following 'documents':
   * an invitation letter to teachers
   * the various issues of the KIDS-91 newsletter telling
     what is happening in connection with the project
     globally.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Odd de Presno, 4815 Saltrod, Norway (Europe).
CompuServe ID=75755,1327 , TWICS (Tokyo)=ODDPRESNO,
MCI Mail=OPRESNO, MicroLink (United Kingdom)=MAG220,
BBS System at +47 41 31378 (300-9600 bps CCITT.
V.22bis, V.32 up to MNP-5, 24 hours).
NOTES FROM TONY:

You can mail to Odd through the internet. The address is:
opresno@coma.uio.NO@INTERNET#

Please POST material for KIDS-91, children's answers to the questions,
questions about the questions, and the kid's images, to THIS FOLDER.

I will arrange for portage of material from Applelink to other systems.

This is a cross-network project; children in many educational networks are
being asked to join in. The question of how the children can converse with
each other across those networks is going to be an interesting part of the
project.

Tony Scott
AGE Project
Laboratory of Comparative Human Cognition
University of California at San Diego
ProLine: Noahm@pro-freedom               | "I only try to make the same
Internet: Noahm@pro-freedom.cts.com      | mistake a dozen times,"
UUCP: clark!pro-freedom!noahm            | --Skeeve, Mything Persons,
ARPA: clark!pro-freedom!noahm@nosc.mil   |    /\Robert Asprin/\