[comp.sys.apple2] REQUEST: Apple II pics to pbm/ppm

jimdean@bcrka362.bnr.ca (Jim Dean 1574326) (12/07/90)

Please tell me if anyone has created any programs which run on
a UNIX box for converting Apple II pictures (like the 3200 pictures,
or $C1 pictures, etc) into pbm or ppm format. (From ppm or pbm I
would further convert to something like gif for viewing here at work.)

I really don't want to download all the pictures to my GS, convert to gif
using SHRConvert or some such program, and upload the gif pictures.

I have the pbm-plus package, which includes a "MacPaint" converter,
but no mention is made of any Apple II formats.

--
Jim Dean             Bell-Northern Research, Ltd   |"Dear God, Please give
Ph.:(613)763-2135      P.O. Box 3511, Station C    |  a bald guy a break."

alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (12/08/90)

In article <1990Dec7.134454.18772@bnr.ca> jimdean@bcrka362.bnr.ca (Jim Dean 1574326) writes:
>Please tell me if anyone has created any programs which run on
>a UNIX box for converting Apple II pictures (like the 3200 pictures,
>or $C1 pictures, etc) into pbm or ppm format. (From ppm or pbm I
>would further convert to something like gif for viewing here at work.)

I'd also appreciate that info, but such a beast probably isn't
available.  I've been playing with pbmplus lately (turning GIFs into
EPS to print on the local laser printer, mainly), and it shouldn't be
too hard to make programs to convert Hi-Res or double Hi-Res to PBM
(for monochrome) or PPM (for color).  I can't give you any kind of
super Hi-Res, though, as I don't have a GS; maybe someone else is
working on "shrtoppm" already.

Scott Alfter                             _/_
                                        / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/