[comp.sys.apple2] HS 2.1 & Buttons

bkahn@archive.webo.dg.com (Bruce Kahn) (12/06/90)

  I was looking around last night at some of my older HS 2.0 stacks and wanted
to see what the various button actions were (ie changing stacks, etc) but
I could not figure out how to look at an existing buttons actions.  The only
part of the manual I could find was the 2.1 update which doesnt tell you.  Can
someone pls tell me how (or if its possible) to look at a buttons actions and
modify it accordingly...

--
                                          Bruce (bkahn@archive.webo.dg.com or
                                                 kahn@adam.dg.com)

  Standard disclaimers apply, except where prohibited by law...

benji@euler.Berkeley.EDU (Benji Rudiak-Gould) (12/08/90)

In article <1191@dg.dg.com> bkahn@archive.webo.dg.com (Bruce Kahn) writes:

>  I was looking around last night at some of my older HS 2.0 stacks and wanted
>to see what the various button actions were (ie changing stacks, etc) but
>I could not figure out how to look at an existing buttons actions.  The only
>part of the manual I could find was the 2.1 update which doesnt tell you.  Can
>someone pls tell me how (or if its possible) to look at a buttons actions and
>modify it accordingly...

It can't be done.  If you want to change a button's actions, you have to
delete the old button and redefine it.  If you don't know what the old button
did, press it and try to find out.  If I'm totally wrong here, I'll
be very glad,  but I think that's the way it is.

Benji Rudiak-Gould       //  " stand  take    2    taking "
benji@euler.berkeley.edu \\    -----  ----  -----  ------