[comp.sys.apple2] .bsq files

heather@merlin.bcm.tmc.edu (Heather Mayor) (11/08/90)

What software do I need to unscramble . bsq files and where can
I get it by ftp?
Thanks
HDM

|  Heather D. Mayor            |  heather@merlin.bcm.tmc.edu  |
|  Baylor College of Medicine  |  OR  hmayor@bcm.tmc.edu      |
|  Houston, TX 77030  U.S.A.   |                              |

twb5024@venus.tamu.edu (BOTTING, TYE WILLIAM) (12/05/90)

	Hey, I was looking through some of the files at some ftp
addresses, and I was wondering what I would have to do to unpack
them.  Do any of you fine folks know?  They mostly all have the
bsq.Z suffix attached.  I know that GShk can unpack .Z files, but
it doesn't like the .bsq files one iota.  Help...

PS - Thanks to all the peops who sent me the BinSCII convertion
     thing - it works great.

TWB5024@tamu.venus.edu          Warlock           BOTTING@tamu.comp.edu
                              Tye Botting

lucifer@world.std.com (Kevin S Green) (12/05/90)

In article <7790@lanl.gov> twb5024@venus.tamu.edu writes:

>	Hey, I was looking through some of the files at some ftp
>addresses, and I was wondering what I would have to do to unpack
>them.  Do any of you fine folks know?  They mostly all have the
>bsq.Z suffix attached.  I know that GShk can unpack .Z files, but
>it doesn't like the .bsq files one iota.  Help...
>
>PS - Thanks to all the peops who sent me the BinSCII convertion
>     thing - it works great.

>TWB5024@tamu.venus.edu          Warlock           BOTTING@tamu.comp.edu
>                              Tye Botting

Tye,
 Use GShk first to undo the .Z portion of the archive, then use Binscii
to convert the resulting text file into a .SHK file. Finally, use GShk
again to unpack the shrinkit file.

--
Kevin S. Green / lucifer@world.std.com / {xylogics;uunet}!world!lucifer
Party naked... /AOL: Gargoth / BIX: Keving / Pro-line: kgreen@pro-angmar

-Rich-@cup.portal.com (Richard Sherman Payne) (12/05/90)

Thanks for the info on .bsq files. But that reminded me. I downloaded
a CDA of some sort, and it unBINSCII'd to a .BEQ file. GSSHrinkit does
not seem to like this either. Can anyone shed some light on what this is?

						Thanks

							Rich
						-rich-@cup.portal.com

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET (12/08/90)

GSHK can unpack .Z files?!  Why wasn't I informed of this?  Well, to undo
the .bsq (bisquick files), you need to first unBinSCII it.  Then, when that
is done, you take the resulting file and use Shrinkit or GSHK to uncompress
that.  When that is done, you will probably have several files (in most
cases).
                                                     - Andrew A. Benson
P.S.  Please email any responses to "aabenson@balance.cs.mtu.edu", my
Internet address.  Or, if you really MUST, go ahead and mail me at my
Bitnet address: "AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET"

BYE!