[comp.sys.apple2] ORCA/C accessing the serial port

jmb@cbnews.att.com (James M. Brohard) (12/07/90)

I am using ORCA/C on my apple II GS.
I need to open the serial port, set the baud rate, and perform reads
and writes on it.

Can anyone point me to the ORCA/C documentation that describes how to do this?
Or, would anyone be good enough to e-mail me a brief blurb on how this is done?

I think e-mail to me is the most appropriate way to answer, I doubt if too
many other people have this elementary problem.

Thanks for any help.

jim brohard
cbnews!jmb
or
cbnmva!jmb

diz@pro-gsplus.cts.com (Steven Disbrow) (12/10/90)

Jim,
 Not to sound like a commercial or anything, but you might want to give me a
call and order issue Volume 1, Number 6 of GS+ Magazine with the disk.  In
that issue we published an NDA terminal program that was written in ORCA/C by
our own Joe 'Gonzo' Wankerl.  The magazine contains lots of neat stuff about
using the serial port and the disk contains the NDA complete with ORCA/C
source code.  It's a back issue at this point, so the cost is $9.50.

If you want to try before you buy, there is a demo version of the NDA (the
name of the NDA is Transfusion) that is available on America Online, GEnie and
I think it is also available for FTP...

Diz
 -My-
 Name:    Steven W. Disbrow - Publisher of GS+ Magazine    | Send Me Your
 Address: POB 15366, Chattanooga, TN 37415 (U.S.A.)________| Address & I'll
 Voice:   (615) 870-4960 |ProLine: diz@pro-gsplus |<-other | Send You A Sample
 BBS:     (615) 875-4607 |America Online: Obnoxio |<-stuff | Of GS+ Magazine!