[comp.sys.apple2] View3200

heather@merlin.bcm.tmc.edu (Heather Mayor) (08/09/90)

This message is empty.

haynes@unssun.nevada.edu (Kenneth Haynes) (12/01/90)

Ok Guys,

After downloading and creating view3200 (version.2) I have encountered
some problems.

How does one get a picture to be shown?  All I get is a screen of green and
blue fuzz when I chose the View Picture option from the File menu.  I have
tried changing the file attributes, and even converted a normal Quickdraw
Picture to a Gif with SHRconvert to see if that would work...same thing.

Question is "What am I missing/overlooking/forgetting?????"

----------
"What do you mean we ran out of gas?"              ______-==-______
                                       ____-------=----------------=-------____
                 ________________  _ _-    --------________________--------
                (______________(_||_) _______ /
                   /_____/_____            _-
  Capt Ken Haynes              \__________-
  CO, USS L'Hopital
  Taylor Series Class Starship
  NCC-x^ln(1701)                United Federation of Calculus Haters
  haynes@unssun.unr.edu or haynes@tahoe.unr.edu

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET (12/07/90)

I've had the same problem...  I thought I just didn't transfer the program
right.  How are you supposed to view these [alleged] 3200 color pictures?
And where do you/they get 3200 colors from in the first place?  Are we using
dithering, interrupts, or a combination?

THanks!
- Andrew
P.S.  Please email responses to "aabenson@balance.cs.mtu.edu"

toddpw@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (12/11/90)

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET writes:

>I've had the same problem...  I thought I just didn't transfer the program
>right.  How are you supposed to view these [alleged] 3200 color pictures?
>And where do you/they get 3200 colors from in the first place?  Are we using
>dithering, interrupts, or a combination?

View3200 and ShowPic5.x can view 3200 color pictures.

3200 colors works by a very CPU intensive process that allows the displayed
picture to have a new palette of 16 colors on every line -- with 200 lines
that's 3200 colors. Most pictures that have been converted to 3200 colors
were 256 color GIFs anyway, and do not make anywhere near full use of the
3200 potential colors.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu