[comp.sys.apple2] Re Exiting Basic.System

THROOP@GRIN1.BITNET ("Throop,Henry B") (12/08/90)

BYE will return you from BASIC.SYSTEM to whatever program launched it.

AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET (12/10/90)

BYE will only return you to whatever program launched it if you launched
it from a P16 or GS/OS application (Such as the Apple IIgs Program Launcher
or Finder).  If you exit from ProDOS 8, you will get a very user-unfriendly
screen asking for a prefix and pathname of the next application to run.
There are several programs, however, which can be installed instead of that
normal (ignorant) quit code which are much friendlier...  I seem to be
drawing a blank, and can't think of any names right now.

                                                      - Andrew Benson.

Internet:  aabenson@balance.cs.mtu.edu
  Bitnet:  AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET

(Please email responses to the Internet address if possible.)

alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (SCOTT ALFTER) (12/11/90)

In article <90344.014821AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET> AABENSON@MTUS5.BITNET writes:
>or Finder).  If you exit from ProDOS 8, you will get a very user-unfriendly
>screen asking for a prefix and pathname of the next application to run.

You won't get that if you booted ProDOS 8 v1.9.  Apple got smart and
put a real program selector in ProDOS.  However, it won't work if you
have a II Plus or original IIe.  It only works in an enhanced IIe,
IIc, IIc Plus, or IIGS.

Scott Alfter                             _/_
                                        / v \ Apple II:
Internet: alfter@uns-helios.nevada.edu (    ( the power to be your best!
   GEnie: S.ALFTER                      \_^_/